DeLorme challenge - Where ? I wanna play !

I remember seeing somewhere about a challenge to get a cache on each page of a DeLorme state Gazetteer, which sounds pretty cool to me, as we are long-time Gazetteer fans and users, and ride motorcycles aimlessly about quite often. Does anyone know how to find the Pennsylvania version of this challenge, and get started?

I did a search in the forum for "Delorme", and got very little of use. I searched from the Challenge page out front, to no avail. What am I missing

I remember seeing somewhere about a challenge to get a cache on each page of a DeLorme state Gazetteer, which sounds pretty cool to me, as we are long-time Gazetteer fans and users, and ride motorcycles aimlessly about quite often. Does anyone know how to find the Pennsylvania version of this challenge, and get started?

I did a search in the forum for "Delorme", and got very little of use. I searched from the Challenge page out front, to no avail. What am I missing

Google is your friend.

GCXAE2 The Pennsylvania DeLorme Challenge

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=26927f9e-17b1-4533-ad36-ccf0918def68

B.

Hi,

I'm one of the co-owners of the Pennsylvania DeLorme challenge cache. Feel free to ask any questions!

Note that the Challenge uses a previous version of the Pennsylvania Atlas. Read the instructions carefully. In doing so, you will also learn that a hike of many miles is required in order to log the final cache.

There is ...

PA County. Can't really do the Delorme unless you also pick up the county challenge.

There is ...

PA County. Can't really do the Delorme unless you also pick up the county challenge.

Ahh yes...I should've known about that one. My husband and I took a short 3 day trip from Lancaster County up to Erie PA. Our routes were determined by the county & Delorme maps. We're working on both of them.

Amazing what you learn about your own state while driving thru it. I never thought some of those counties/maps in PA were soooooooo desolate.... Out in the 'sticks' (literally). Gorgeous mountainous countryside...somewhat intimidating.

Thanks everyone, very much ! I didn't realize the difference between "challenges" and "geocaching challenges" - I guess that's part of being a rookie.

I figured everything would be listed in one place. I think we are going to get to work on the County and DeLorme Challenges (geocaching challenges)

Thanks again !

Thanks everyone, very much ! I didn't realize the difference between "challenges" and "geocaching challenges" - I guess that's part of being a rookie.

I figured everything would be listed in one place. I think we are going to get to work on the County and DeLorme Challenges (geocaching challenges)

Thanks again !

Make sure you read the descriptions carefully.... The one thing that is very important, you can't use the same (one) cache to fulfill both challenges.

You'll be driving a lot and using up a lot of gas...the last thing you need, is to discover you have to go back to fulfill something later. And yes..GSAK is a helpful tool!

Thanks again !

Yes, big difference between 2 similarily named games.

Help Center → Geocaching → Review Process: Hiding a Geocache

4.15. Challenge Caches

http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php?pg=kb.page&id=206

Help Center → Geocaching → More Site Functionality

10.2. Geocaching Challenges

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=329

Geocaching Challenges was released as a new site feature on August 2011.

B.