Finding old cache.

TeamTurtles

Today, while searching for a cache, I found another cache approx 85 feet due East. Its very damaged but the log book was in good shape. The last log was written in 2010. I have the cache name but no owner. Its not on GC. I would love to contact the owner but I cannot find the cache name while doing a search. Its called "Beardog Den" and placed 10/10/10. Placed in a Texas State Park.

Today, while searching for a cache, I found another cache approx 85 feet due East. Its very damaged but the log book was in good shape. The last log was written in 2010. I have the cache name but no owner. Its not on GC. I would love to contact the owner but I cannot find the cache name while doing a search. Its called "Beardog Den" and placed 10/10/10. Placed in a Texas State Park.

Thank you for posting this! We are the owners. We tried several times but could never get it approved so it was never listed. Here is the archived listing. My link where you can see pictures of the original cache and contents.

We were at Bonham State Park again this week and were trying to find it to relocate it again and try to get it active. We could only find the coordinates for the first 2 locations we tried which were on the M-2 trail. We couldn't find the coordinates for the last location which was on the M-3 trail. It has been so long now, we can't remember where it is! If you could tell us the other cache you found within 85 feet due West, that would be really helpful. Do you remember how damaged it was? Do you think we need to start over from scratch?

I know it has been over a year since you posted this, but any info would be really helpful! You can also email us at andrea@hulcy.com.

After a quick look around (virtually) the Bonham State Park Caches and Team Turtle profile etc.

I think you will find what you seek...

GCZFC0 BSP3: Eggs-Asperated

TeamTurtles

Found it 2012/10/14

Got a bonus while finding this cache.Found a cache about 85 feet East of this cache. Last found, according to log book, 2010. Didnt find cache on GC site. Cache is still in good shape. SL>>T-N >>L-N Thanks

Edit: BTW your link is to an unpublished cache and thus invisible.

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Thanks for the help Doug! I was hoping I would get an email if someone posted in this thread, but I guess not. I was planning on checking back this weekend. I appreciate the heads up email. Bummer you can't see the inactive cache from the link and the pictures. I thought you could if you logged in, but I guess only the owner can. Below is the description. It is 4 years later, the twins are 13 now, but I am determined to finally get it legal even if we have to re-create it from scratch! This last trip to Bonham SP was a special occasion to celebrate me finishing my breast cancer treatment. I think we will make a replacement cache just in case the original is gone or too damaged with some then and now pix! Thanks again for your help. We've been out of geocaching for a while and forgot how fun it was!

Geocache Description:

Beardog Den cache is located in Bonham State Park somewhere along the eleven miles of mountain bike trails.

My family loves mountain biking and geocaching. During our first trip to Bonham State Park, my nine year old twin brother got way ahead of us on the mountain bike trails. All of the sudden we heard 1) a blood curdling scream, 2) sheep braying loudly 3) a big dog barking. We rode as fast as we could to catch up. When we found my brother, his bike in the trees and standing there like he had seen a ghost, his first words were "It was a bear! It was a dog! It was a BEARDOG! In the distant woods we could see a large white beardog-like animal and then it was gone. This geocache is dedicated to the beardog. So when searching for this cache, BEWARE OF THE BEARDOG!

**PLEASE NOTE** - This is a Texas State Park and there is a $3 park entry fee (11 and under are free) and the park closes for day use at 10 p.m. There is a Geocache Permit on file with the park headquarters. Please check in with the rangers and let them know you are geocaching.

Always like to help, especially when it requires a little detective work...

If you want to get notices of postings in a thread like this one... look up at the top of the page, there are three blue boxes. The one on the left is for Watch this Topic. Click on that an it will send you a note of activity... cancel is the reverse I believe (don't use it too often myself). Since I know you got the email, you should have no problem with that notice.

As for the unpublished cache, you are correct... only the reviewers, lackeys and the CO can view them to my knowledge.

One last thought... Team Turtles seems to be quite active, you could get more information by emailing them via their profile or by Personal Messaging (the envelope under their avatar in the forums). They don't seem to be far from the Park by Texas standards, almost on top of it by BC ones.

Keep us informed, and keep asking for advice, there's lots of it available.

Doug 7rxc

We too found a cache yesterday "Swamp Monsters" just out of the township of Gawler, South Australia.

The log contained within the container was fine and had been signed many times so it had been there a while. Similarly, the contents were in good condition. We searched both the CGC and CGA sites but did not come up with any reference to this cache nor had it been archived. Unfortunately the log book itself (a small notebook) showed no reference as to a cG or CA code, only the cache name.

Any ideas please?