How do I remove a travel bug from an archived Cache?

crustpope

I added a travel bug to a cache I was trying to hide and there were complications. to make a long story short, the cache got archived and the bug was still logged in it how do I get it out and put it in a new cache?

should I declare it lost? what does that do when it is declared lost?

Do you physically have the bug?

If so you just log the bug and retreive it from the cache.

Hope that does it for you.

I added a travel bug to a cache I was trying to hide and there were complications. to make a long story short, the cache got archived and the bug was still logged in it how do I get it out and put it in a new cache?

should I declare it lost? what does that do when it is declared lost?

Never mind. I figured it out. But I would like to know what happens if you declare a bug lost.

Thanks for the quick answer though!

Marking a bug as missing simply removes it from the last cache or cacher and lists it as in an "Unknown" location. The bug is still active and if someone finds it, they can log that they have it and everything resumes as normal. It does not delete the bug from the website or make it unusable in any way. The benefit of this is that it removes it from the cache that it was last listed in so that people do not go there specifically to get the bug.