Downloading Caches

goldwing.88

I have a Garmin GPSmap 62s unit that I was downloading Caches to from my computer which had Internet Explorer, Firefox & Opera loaded on it.

Recently I uninstalled Internet Explorer & Firefox but have kept Opera/Google. Now, I can't download my selected Caches anymore! Then I noticed that Garmin dosen't support Opera or Google but does support Internet Explorer & Firefox. So, I loaded Internet Explorer again. Then I tried to download the selected Caches again but without success.

What do I need to do in order to be able to successfully download the Caches that I've selected again?

I have a Garmin GPSmap 62s unit that I was downloading Caches to from my computer which had Internet Explorer, Firefox & Opera loaded on it.

Recently I uninstalled Internet Explorer & Firefox but have kept Opera/Google. Now, I can't download my selected Caches anymore! Then I noticed that Garmin dosen't support Opera or Google but does support Internet Explorer & Firefox. So, I loaded Internet Explorer again. Then I tried to download the selected Caches again but without success.

What do I need to do in order to be able to successfully download the Caches that I've selected again?

I liked the way I was downloading GPX files onto my GPS...it was paperless, user friendly...click on "send to my GPS" then wait for "write" to switch to bold type & read the note of confirmation that the file had been transfered successfully giving me the Cache description, the Cache Hints & the last 10 Cache Logs...all available at the press of a button or 2 on my GPS. I'm looking for the solution that will return me to what I had. I'm not looking for a new method at this point in time. Perhaps later I can get into Pocket Queries.

Have you tried re-installing the plug-in? Deleting and then re-installing Internet Explorer may be causing problems.

You can't delete Internet Explorer, (at least not easily), it is part of the operating system. What you can do is uninstall the garmin plugin, through the control panel. The next time you click Send to GPS, you should be prompted to install it again. Hopefully, that will solve the problem.