Logging fifteen months later!

ayrbrain

What a numpty sat here. :blink: DH puts co ords into my gps, i tell him we have already done that one way back last year! I didn't even notice i was missing a smiley face duh. Sure enough my sticker was in the old log book which was still in the container from July last year, And i knew just where to look for the cache. Oh well thats another one found, :lol:

Then we go onto another cache which we find, but as I look back at this one after writing the log just now my log isn't showing on that caches page, but there is a smiley. Is this just a hiccup and the log will show later?

Thanks for any replies.

Is this just a hiccup and the log will show later?

It might help if you tell us which cache you're talking about.

Did you back-date your log? If so, the log won't show up at the top of the list. It'll be listed farther down the list of logs back on that date.

Edit: I just answered my own question. It looks like it's this one. Your log is showing up just fine.

Edited by The A-Team

Is this just a hiccup and the log will show later?

It might help if you tell us which cache you're talking about.

Did you back-date your log? If so, the log won't show up at the top of the list. It'll be listed farther down the list of logs back on that date.

Edit: I just answered my own question. It looks like it's this one. Your log is showing up just fine.

No not that one. But it's ok. Just looked at the one i was talking about and it is now showing my log........this time i clicked submit! :blink: Off to look for the bottle opener. :lol: Thank you.

"Numpty sat"? That's a new one for me! I found "Numpty", but not the full "numpty sat".

Anyway... I've actually logged the same cache twice before without realizing it. Go in from a different direction, different season, caching with somebody else that hadn't found it, and you're going off of their list... easy to do. Usually, I've realized it either at the time of finding the actual container, or sometimes when logging back at the computer later, but not always.

When using my iPhone App I used to just save the log entry....expand on it later...and then send all at once. I don't do that anymore. I have found on multiple occasions that the logs did not upload. The worst was a 15 day find with my Father. He never really goes but this time we made a day of it. It was a real special day and I uploaded them all at once. 4 months later when I went to visit the town they live in I was surprised that NONE of the logs ever showed up.

Amish Hacker