Deleting/resetting cookies

Pontoffel Pock

Hello, I want to reset my GC pages so I don't know which I have looked at. It has been awhile since I have looked at some, but not sure how long. I would like to start over without deleting ALL my stuff on my PC. For example; the cache title goes from dark blue to light blue after you look at it, I would like to reset them.

Thanx.

I am using Internet Explorer 9 on Vista (if thats a browser :huh: ). I know how to delete ALL the cookies and temp stuff using 'internet options' under 'tools', but i just want to do it to my GC.com page.

I found the "Delete My Cookies" at the bottom here on Groundspeak, but don't see an option on GC anywhere.

Thanx for the responses.

Edited by Pontoffel Pock

I am using Internet Explorer 9 on Vista (if thats a browser :huh: ). I know how to delete ALL the cookies and temp stuff using 'internet options' under 'tools', but i just want to do it to my GC.com page.

I found the "Delete My Cookies" at the bottom here on Groundspeak, but don't see an option on GC anywhere.

Thanx for the responses.

Click the star at the left of your tab bar, click the history tab, open the drop down and choose Search History. Type in geocaching.com and delete whatever come up. Click the star again to close it.

Click the star at the left of your tab bar, click the history tab, open the drop down and choose Search History. Type in geocaching.com and delete whatever come up. Click the star again to close it.

Nope, that didn't do it.

The only way I have gotten it to 'start over' is by using the deleting options in internet options/tools. I tried just removing cookies, still there, tried just removing temp files, still there, removed it from my favorites and then retried the same with no luck. I had to 'delete all'- THEN GC was 'reset'.- Thats what I was trying to avoid- I just was curious if even that would do it, so I had to try.

Edited by Pontoffel Pock

Nope, that didn't do it.

The only way I have gotten it to 'start over' is by using the deleting options in internet options/tools. I tried just removing cookies, still there, tried just removing temp files, still there, removed it from my favorites and then retried the same with no luck. I had to 'delete all'- THEN GC was 'reset'.- Thats what I was trying to avoid- I just was curious if even that would do it, so I had to try.

It sounds like you already deleted all. But for future reference this is how to delete your browsing history according to the Microsoft website.

Click the Tools button Tools button, point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history. If you don't want to delete the cookies and files associated with websites in your favorites list, select the Preserve Favorites website data check box. Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete. Click Delete.

Nope, that didn't do it.

It sounds like you already deleted all. But for future reference this is how to delete your browsing history according to the Microsoft website.

Click the Tools button Tools button, point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history. If you don't want to delete the cookies and files associated with websites in your favorites list, select the Preserve Favorites website data check box. Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete. Click Delete.

Thank you for your response and post, but yes, I know how to do that procedure. However, I was only wishing to delete the gc.com history to reset it...not every site in my computer (even when I picked out gc.com in history and manually deleted it, I still didn't get the results I was looking for. Oh well, not that big of a deal- just thought there was a quick way I was missing, like the 'delete my cookies' at the bottom of this forum page.

Edited by Pontoffel Pock

I tried this in FF (my preferred browser) and it works as expected. When I delete an entry from my history sidebar it also resets the link color to the not visited color.

I opened my IE9 and played around with it a little bit. You would expect that if you deleted a webpage entry from the history sidebar that it would also reset the link style to not visited for the pages you deleted. I don't use IE9 much but that sounds like a bug to me. I did a search in the bug reports for IE9 and nothing turns up so this odd behavior may be how IE9 is intended to work.