swag

I have been caching a little while and love the game,i understand that we should leave something in trade.I have been to caches big enough for swag but nothing there if there is it's not good.If we are to get young people interested their needs to be something in it for them.I have one daughter with a 4 yesr old who loves to go treasure hunting, he gets dissapointed when there in no treasure.I also have a daughter with a 18 month old daughter,they go caching alot both dads go alomg for the ride,enough of that.I leave swag in every cach i can.If it's cost that bothers people i recently went to a good will a bought a 2 gallon bag of almost new hot wheels cars,motorcycles and such for 7 dollars.So lets get with the swag for the next generation of cachers.

I agree as well.

Most of the time containers are full of swags when they are placed, but they quickly drain out as they are visited by people who take stuff without trading.

It is a pitty but as owners there is nothing we can do other than re-filling the caches from time to time.

Recently I placed a big container (3 liters) full of quality stuff (music CD, toys, pencils,...). After two weeks I went for a maintenance tour on my caches and I sadly found a nearly empty jar.

I play geocaching with my two kids (6 and 9). They always travel with their small backpack full of swags, and they immediately get used to put stuff in when they find empty caches.

Have you considered "finding" some caches first (even yours), then add some toys, and let you little ones find them later in the day or have a relative or friend put something in for the kids just before they "find" the cache.

I always carry a bucket of toys, polished rocks, glass "jewels", new puzzles in cans, plastic insects or sea life, small dolls, etc. I watch and when a few visits to the cache occur, then I am off to recheck on them.

I buy most of my stuff at the Dollar store.

I grew up with boxers and so did my daughters.We have not had a boxer in quite a few years.I had the user name when our last one was alive and never changed it, they are a wonderful breed.Maybe we will get another one someday.Glad you understand about the swag thanks for the reply.

Are you guys talking about a car or a animal?

anyway... I often buy used PEZ machnines in bulk (usualy <$1 each). Those make great swag. I will leave on in any cache big enough to hold them.

Maybe one day the whole world will realize how fun giving can be, and caches will be full of great swag.... :blink: What am I thinking.... Must have been listening to too much Beatles or something to be that delusional... Anyway... Caches will always have swag degradation, and all you or I can do is do our part to try to help.

I grew up with boxers and so did my daughters.We have not had a boxer in quite a few years.I had the user name when our last one was alive and never changed it, they are a wonderful breed.Maybe we will get another one someday.Glad you understand about the swag thanks for the reply.

Are you guys talking about a car or a animal?

anyway... I often buy used PEZ machnines in bulk (usualy <$1 each). Those make great swag. I will leave on in any cache big enough to hold them.

Maybe one day the whole world will realize how fun giving can be, and caches will be full of great swag.... :blink: What am I thinking.... Must have been listening to too much Beatles or something to be that delusional... Anyway... Caches will always have swag degradation, and all you or I can do is do our part to try to help.

Have you considered "finding" some caches first (even yours), then add some toys, and let you little ones find them later in the day or have a relative or friend put something in for the kids just before they "find" the cache.

I always carry a bucket of toys, polished rocks, glass "jewels", new puzzles in cans, plastic insects or sea life, small dolls, etc. I watch and when a few visits to the cache occur, then I am off to recheck on them.

I buy most of my stuff at the Dollar store.