10-11-12 at 13:15

kipper01

Anyone have any new caches put up with todays date & time?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. Can you define what you mean by "put up", and how that specific date and time relates to it?

At 15 seconds past 1:14 pm, the date/time will be:

10/11/12 13:14:15

Mrs. Car54

Anyone have any new caches put up with todays date & time?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. Can you define what you mean by "put up", and how that specific date and time relates to it?

At 15 seconds past 1:14 pm, the date/time will be:

10/11/12 13:14:15

Mrs. Car54

You guys are off your rockers. it will be 11/10/2012. Stop using abriviated years, and it is day/month/year. Get your head right!

You guys are off your rockers. it will be 11/10/2012. Stop using abriviated years, and it is day/month/year. Get your head right!

I suppose it depends on where you are. Around here, if you gave someone a date of 11/10/2012, and you meant 11 Oct. 2012, they would most likely show up a day short of a month late. B) Also before the scare of new years 2000, I rarely saw a date that didn't abbreviate the year. For most paper work now, 10/11/12 works just fine.

But the real question is, what difference does it make what kind of chair we are sitting in?! :D

I suppose it depends on where you are. Around here, if you gave someone a date of 11/10/2012, and you meant 11 Oct. 2012, they would most likely show up a day short of a month late. B) Also before the scare of new years 2000, I rarely saw a date that didn't abbreviate the year. For most paper work now, 10/11/12 works just fine.

But the real question is, what difference does it make what kind of chair we are sitting in?! :D

Personaly, I hate dates listed like 10/11/12. Is that 12 November 2010, 10 December 2011...? I always (ALWAYS) use [2 digit day] [spelled out month], [4 digit year] (eg. 11 Oct 2012 or 02 December 2014.

Before year 2000 it worked ok to use a 2 digit year becuse there is no month 97 or day of the month 97. starting in 1932 that would have worked out just find. I guess starting in 2032 it will again be fine.

Here in Britain, we write the date differently/properly (delete as applicable), so for us the date to look out for would be 10/11/12 at 13:14, as in 10th November.

I was just thinking of a Flashmob at that date/time, and I remembered we're already going to someone else's event that day, and it's not at that time :unsure:

*fires a message off to that CO to see if he'll change the time* ;-)

Here in Britain, we write the date differently/properly (delete as applicable), so for us the date to look out for would be 10/11/12 at 13:14, as in 10th November.

I think that most of the world (except for the U.S) uses Day/Month/Year format.

However, the ISO 8601 specification for dates and times recommends using YYYY/MM/DD (Year, Month, Day). That is an *International* standard create for the *exchange* of date and time information. The display of date/time information is a separate issue. 2012/10/11 can be displayed as 10/11/2012, 11/10/2012, or October 11, 2012 and they're all valid (proper) representations.

I was using the 2012-10-11 format well before I started geocaching. It sorts properly, and avoids slash characters that tend to cause problems in filenames.

Before that, I used the 11-Oct-12 format that I learned while working as a civilian on a US military base.

Before that, I used the Oct 11, 2012 or October 11, 2012 formats. I find the 10-11-12 and 11-10-12 formats confusing, and avoid them. But "holidays" like Pi Day or Tau Day (but not Star Wars Day ;) ) depend on them.

Ignoring the inherent silliness of anything numerological, if you’re looking for a “significant” date/time, why not have the components in increasing order of specificity?

Hence the form has to be YYMMDDHHMMSS.

So (choose your own apocalypse) on 12/11/10 at 09:08:07.060504030201 or at 8 minutes and 7.060504030201 seconds past 9am on the 10th of November this year.

To get back to the real world, the problem with this prediction then comes down to the question of “in which time zone?”

It’s funny how all “end of the world” or similar predictions always assume that the time zone of the person making the prediction is the only one that matters.

But then, what’s the point of trying to make sense of nonsense?

I’m posting this at about 1pm on Friday 12th October 2012 where I live. How’s your date/time?