GC Google Map Enhancement script

KeithH

I'm not sure I understand? First you do not specify what script-you are being too vague. Second What do you mean by "option to select what gets printed on my maps" You mean like the distance scale, and street names or the cache names and icons?

Normally only premium members can use Google maps, but there is a Greasemonkey script that will allow non PMs to use it as well which I am currently using. On mine, on the top right hand side there is a box with that looks like 3 tiles/squares hovering over each other. When I hover over it I get different map options such as Google Map satellite, terrain, and others. Maybe that can help you?

Is this script only available to premium members? I am running Firefox 15.0.1 on an iMAC running OS X 10.6.8

I followed the instructions on how to instal the script but I don't get the option to select what gets printed on my maps

Are you talking about a Greasemonkey script?

To run a Greasemonkey script on FF you must, of course, install the Greasemonkey plug-in first.

Edited by Huntleigh

Is this script only available to premium members? I am running Firefox 15.0.1 on an iMAC running OS X 10.6.8

I followed the instructions on how to instal the script but I don't get the option to select what gets printed on my maps

Are you talking about a Greasemonkey script?

To run a Greasemonkey script on FF you must, of course, install the Greasemonkey plug-in first.

Thank you T.D.M.22 and Huntleigh for responding. Firstly, TDM22 - by putting the name of the script I am having difficulties with as the topic thread name I had rather hoped it was obvious which script I was talking about or is this a generic name for a whole host of scripts?

Huntleigh - I have the Greasemonkey plug-in installed and I believe active but I have only just installed it as it was a pre-requisite to running the GC Google Map enhancement script. If you look at http://www.lildevil.org/greasemonkey/geocaching-google-map-enhancements you will see that the main options are for premium members but here and elsewhere I thought non premium members could get the site name alongside the site icon which is what I wanted, plus I expected to see the premium members filter panel showing even though I cannot make use of them

Unfortunatly that is NOT the one I am using, So I can't help with it. BUT There where major changes to the maps earlier this year so that may be the issue. the "old way" allowed any user to access Google maps instead of only PM's(the way it is now) I will try to find you the one I am using and you can try to see if it will work.

...snip...

Huntleigh - I have the Greasemonkey plug-in installed and I believe active but I have only just installed it as it was a pre-requisite to running the GC Google Map enhancement script. If you look at http://www.lildevil.org/greasemonkey/geocaching-google-map-enhancements you will see that the main options are for premium members but here and elsewhere I thought non premium members could get the site name alongside the site icon which is what I wanted, plus I expected to see the premium members filter panel showing even though I cannot make use of them

Hi Keith

If you look elsewhere on the Lil'Devil website you see the Google Map script is broken.

Try this one, it's designed for the UK market and will give you access to Ordnance Survey maps

Hello Huntleigh, that script works great and I get the OS option amongst others (which is brilliant) so I guess that proves my Greasemonkey installation is working OK.

What I am really after is to be able to print a map which shows the Cache icon and its Geocache reference no. Do you know of one that does that?