Information on official GeoCoinfest 2012 coins

steben6

Can anybody give me some info on the official coins we got at GeoCoinfest in Denver? We got all six coins but don't know which of them is for which days (Fri/Sat/Sun) or which of each of them is the regular version and which is the limited edition. Can't find the info on any of the GCF websites...help? Thanks!

Can anybody give me some info on the official coins we got at GeoCoinfest in Denver? We got all six coins but don't know which of them is for which days (Fri/Sat/Sun) or which of each of them is the regular version and which is the limited edition. Can't find the info on any of the GCF websites...help? Thanks!

Well, I know they did not announce it and I for one was disappointed that they didn't. I wanted everyone to know I designed the Saturday Geocoinfest geocoin (Mini Gold mining Pan) with the nugget in water and the aspen leaf on the reverse. Actually my submission had a pathtag magnetized to the bottom where the leaf was but they did the "Geocoinfest or Bust" wagon pathtag as a separate piece. I suppose the one with the vegas sign would be sunday since it says see you next year. That would leave the miner and mine coin as the Friday welcome event coin. I did not design either of those as I was glad to get the one selection and win the 10 AE Antique gold with shiny gold coins for my efort. Maybe if they would have announced it I might have had more folks swamp my vemdor booth! LOL. BTW, I did receive your donation when I got home from Denver and I thank you again for doing so! Another weekend and another event. Maybe I can sleep when I die!

Well, I know they did not announce it and I for one was disappointed that they didn't. I wanted everyone to know I designed the Saturday Geocoinfest geocoin (Mini Gold mining Pan) with the nugget in water and the aspen leaf on the reverse. Actually my submission had a pathtag magnetized to the bottom where the leaf was but they did the "Geocoinfest or Bust" wagon pathtag as a separate piece. I suppose the one with the vegas sign would be sunday since it says see you next year. That would leave the miner and mine coin as the Friday welcome event coin. I did not design either of those as I was glad to get the one selection and win the 10 AE Antique gold with shiny gold coins for my efort. Maybe if they would have announced it I might have had more folks swamp my vemdor booth! LOL. BTW, I did receive your donation when I got home from Denver and I thank you again for doing so! Another weekend and another event. Maybe I can sleep when I die!

Excellent and thanks for the info! It sure would have been nice for them to acknowledge all the designers! Do you know which metals of each coin are the limited editions?

The gold pan is an AWESOME coin, btw. Great job on the design and congrats on your selection!

Edited by steben6

The copper was the regular purchased edition and the antique silver was the limited platinum edition. I am not sure if there were others.

Yes, my 10 AE gold mining pans were done in antique gold with the shiny gold nugget. I got 10 of these for being the designer. I think that those 3 finishes were all that were done. I saw other samples but I believe only the 3 were minted.

The copper was the regular purchased edition and the antique silver was the limited platinum edition. I am not sure if there were others.

Do you know which of the Friday and Sunday coins were the limited editions?

Welcome RE Copper, LE BN

Las Vegas Coin RE BN, LE Copper

Event coin RE Copper, LE - ASilver

PS: The event was a blast.... B)

Do you know which of the Friday and Sunday coins were the limited editions?

Welcome RE Copper, LE BN

Las Vegas Coin RE BN, LE Copper

Event coin RE Copper, LE - ASilver

PS: The event was a blast.... B)

THANK YOU!~ :)

It was so nice to meet both of you there!

Yes, my 10 AE gold mining pans were done in antique gold with the shiny gold nugget. I got 10 of these for being the designer. I think that those 3 finishes were all that were done. I saw other samples but I believe only the 3 were minted.

Are you trading your AEs?? :laughing:

Are you trading your AEs?? :laughing:

Haven't decided yet. Do you have some tranquility coins? LOL

If anyone has a gold mining pan, please let me know. My brother went to GCF2012, so this would be a awesome surprise for him. I know he doesnt have that one....

Blue

OK, Since I bought several extra sets of Geocoinfest 2012 geocoins, I am listing some on the e place so just search for "geocoinfest" and they should come up. Just in time for Christmas I guess. Best of Luck.

Anyone else noticed that the gold pan do not tell "geocoinfest", but "gcocoinfcst"? Have traded for one and noticed it - after that i looked at the pictures here again and they (sure) are the same. How the "e" should look like is shown by "trackable" i think.

Or am i wrong?

I like this little errors - have a geonut who tells "soemimes" instead of "sometimes", too

:D

Anyone else noticed that the gold pan do not tell "geocoinfest", but "gcocoinfcst"? Have traded for one and noticed it - after that i looked at the pictures here again and they (sure) are the same. How the "e" should look like is shown by "trackable" i think.

Or am i wrong?

I like this little errors - have a geonut who tells "soemimes" instead of "sometimes", too

Wow! Didn't notice that, but you're absolutely right! :P

Or am i wrong?

Wow! Didn't notice that, but you're absolutely right! :P

Agreed. They are the same font front and back. 'Trackable' is the 'e' from that font.

Didn't they have 'Made in China' tags on the coin holders? Guess we attended ChinaCoinfest .

------------------------------

Edited by Eartha
Uncalled for remark removed by moderator

I just got my set of 3 copper ones in the mail today and I must say each and every one is an amazing work of art, thanks mo pirate, I really love your coin designs.

THANKS, I really appreciate that!

I have a couple on the drawing board and one that I have been trying to get a mint to do but they say it is too complicated. (and expensive) BUT I will keep trying!

later,

MO Pirate