Vtext notifications

rvls

I have set up Vtext in instant notifications to notify me when a new cache comes out in the area. The text I receive is only the first part of the actual email. I have a Galaxy S3. I just talked to Verizon and was told that is how vtext works. I also have instant notifications sending me an email so I can get the rest of the info.. Anyone have a way around the vtext problem?

The 'vtext' nomenclature is new to me. Does it perhaps translate as 'Verizon text'?

I just did some Googling, and it looks like Vtext is the name of the Verizon email-to-SMS service. Their site, as well as several others, say that it's limited to 160 characters. I think the OP is out of luck unless they change providers like you suggested.

The 'vtext' nomenclature is new to me. Does it perhaps translate as 'Verizon text'?

I just did some Googling, and it looks like Vtext is the name of the Verizon email-to-SMS service. Their site, as well as several others, say that it's limited to 160 characters. I think the OP is out of luck unless they change providers like you suggested.

160 characters is the limit for ALL SMS text messages. Many newer phones will split longer messages into as many SMS messages as necessary to deliver the long message. Depending on the receiving hardware the multiple message will either be rejoined or displayed as standalone messages. Most internet to SMS services truncate long messages to the allowed 160 characters. This has little to do with whom the provider is.

I have them sent as mms message to my phone to avoid the sms limit. I have Sprint, but doing a little googling I found that for Verizon it is 10digitnumber@vzwpix.com. If you change the email address for the notifications to that (replacing 10digitnumber with your phone number) then it might work better. On my phone this makes even the links to the web page functional.

On my Android phone (T-mobile), you get 160 characters of text, but if you tap on the text, a menu pops up. you can choose "view message" to see the message in its entirety without any limit. I guess it was set up this way so that you only receive the most important stuff for those with texting limits. I would be surprised if Verison doesn't do the same thing, especially for a Galaxy S3.