Uncategorized Waymarks

Outspoken1

I would like to offer up my name as an Officer for the Uncategorized Waymark category to have some ability to clean out the crap some confused Waymarkers have posted. There is no way to 'decline' an Uncategorized Waymark to get it out of the category when it plainly is not what the category is to be used for. For instance:

Run Boy Run

Kapfbrunnen

Mall Rocks

Then there is the 100 Little Minnesota which again are posted as if they are Virtual Geocaches ("This series of waymarks is tuned to getting people to visit these wonderful small communities before they disappear completely. To validate your ‘find’, please post a photo of you with your GPS at the coordinates and please relate a little tidbit about what you learned about the town and its people that is not in this narrative or the book. You can learn more about ‘LITTLE MINNESOTA’ by logging on to [Facebook link - I don't do Facebook]. These are not meant to be Waymarks to be categorized - just posted in hopes someone will visit and log and Uncategorized. Huh!?!?!?!

A majority of these Uncategorized Waymarks were posted by newbie Waymarkers who don't seem to understand Waymarking or, for instance, by the Hayden, Colorado guest (I've emailed him several times explaining we can't categorize a Waymark without photos. He lives in Hayden, but won't put up photos because someone may violate copyright. Sheesh!).

I am raising this issue because I have helped several people with Waymarks they did not know where to place them or some very kind people put Waymarks in the category so others could 'score' a Waymark in either a new category or location. In other words, they were being generous!

The Uncategorized category has become sorta of a landfill of incomplete or non-Waymarks with no way to remove the debris.

Just food for thought and discussion.

Take care,

Outspoken1

I would like to offer up my name as an Officer for the Uncategorized Waymark category to have some ability to clean out the crap some confused Waymarkers have posted. There is no way to 'decline' an Uncategorized Waymark to get it out of the category when it plainly is not what the category is to be used for. For instance:...

I thought about this problem, too. But I think there are no officers for uncategorized Waymarks?! Are they approved automatically?

-lumbricus