An archived cache.

ayrbrain

Yesterday I found an archived cache, i didn't know it was archived as i had put it onto my gps a few weeks back when it wasn't archived. Anyway i found it logged it yesterday and that is when i noticed it was archived. I take it this is not counted in my count of caches.

yes it is, if you got a 'found it' log on the cache page with the smiley then it's +1 to your stats.

Yesterday I found an archived cache, i didn't know it was archived as i had put it onto my gps a few weeks back when it wasn't archived. Anyway i found it logged it yesterday and that is when i noticed it was archived. I take it this is not counted in my count of caches.

yes it is, if you got a 'found it' log on the cache page with the smiley then it's +1 to your stats.

Many thanks for your reply, I cannot find it on the site. As i went to log it last night, i had to put in the co ords as it wasn't listed under its name, so this is making me think i haven't been given this one. I did log it ok, but as i say i cannot find it.

Many thanks for your reply, I cannot find it on the site. As i went to log it last night, i had to put in the co ords as it wasn't listed under its name, so this is making me think i haven't been given this one. I did log it ok, but as i say i cannot find it.

Is it this one:

GC346P4 Framwellgate Fish Counter

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=673cc594-6116-4b5f-8646-72aecd0d50f9

ayrbrain

Found it

10/02/2012

Oh ............we found this one today.Then we all went for dinner. At the Chinese restaurant. T4TC

It shows up under your profile. Perhaps you need to refresh the page:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=ayrbrain

B.

Yes thats the one. The CO has emailed me just now saying he leaves them in place for a couple of weeks in case folk have got the co ords already in their gps. As this was the first time i have found an archived cache i was confused, which is easy to do lol.

Many thanks

If you look for it by name or on the map it won't show. If you look for it by GC number it will show.

You got love the co's log. "Archiving Cache"

Geez, say your moving, say you got old, say someone asked for it to be removed. 170 plus finds with only 3 dnf's, never any problems noticeable and what appears to be some really awesome scenery.

Yeah, I hate when COs do that. A CO near here just archived 21 caches (not all of their active caches, but most of them), with all the archive logs saying "Removed". Some of the caches are only a month or two old, and almost all of the ones that have been out longer have favourite points in the double-digits. Would it be too much to ask for a brief explanation of why they're being archived? Just a simple "Can no longer maintain", "Family situation is preventing me from maintaining this", "I'm bored of owning caches", etc.

Yes thats the one. The CO has emailed me just now saying he leaves them in place for a couple of weeks in case folk have got the co ords already in their gps. As this was the first time i have found an archived cache i was confused, which is easy to do lol.

Many thanks

Kind of nice of them to leave them like that for a bit in case this happened.

Geez, say your moving, say you got old, say someone asked for it to be removed. 170 plus finds with only 3 dnf's, never any problems noticeable and what appears to be some really awesome scenery.

Yeah, I hate when COs do that. A CO near here just archived 21 caches (not all of their active caches, but most of them), with all the archive logs saying "Removed". Some of the caches are only a month or two old, and almost all of the ones that have been out longer have favourite points in the double-digits. Would it be too much to ask for a brief explanation of why they're being archived? Just a simple "Can no longer maintain", "Family situation is preventing me from maintaining this", "I'm bored of owning caches", etc.

We've done a few adoptions because of this in our area. I put up a number of mine for adoption because I had relocated 50 miles outside of town and wanted to drop a few caches so I could populate some virgin grounds.

Unfortunately, the guy that adopted some of mine archived them and collected the containers so he could use them for his own caches.

Thanks. Thought I was short, sweet, and to the point! Maybe I'll write more after I collect the nano. :rolleyes: