View Who's watching a Cache

Mike & Jess

Thought you could simply click on the (x) watching this cache to get a list if you owned it.

Is there a way to see who's watching a cache if you are the CO?

Nope.

The only thing close to that is an audit log on PMO caches:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=122

A common suggestion is to post a note on the cache page asking for the watchers to identify themselves to you.

Here's a recent thread asking for the ability to know who the watchers are:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=302329

As history shows, this is not going to happen.

B.

Thought you could simply click on the (x) watching this cache to get a list if you owned it.

Is there a way to see who's watching a cache if you are the CO?

Nope.

The only thing close to that is an audit log on PMO caches:

http://support.Groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=122

A common suggestion is to post a note on the cache page asking for the watchers to identify themselves to you.

Here's a recent thread asking for the ability to know who the watchers are:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=302329

As history shows, this is not going to happen.

B.

Thanks for the note.

I always thought I could. The cache in question isn't a PMO cache, so that might not work. If I owned a PMO cache, I might be able to dig and look to see if a backdoor existed.

You can collect the IP addresses of anyone who looks at your cache page. All you have to do is embed a graphic that is hosted on your own web hosting service (if you have one).

Like this one: GC3W0VH Radium and Radios

I get a hit on my access logs for the little Frink radar head thing.

I have no idea who is behind those addresses but some of the associated information about what kind of browsers are used and whatnot is interesting:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/22.0.1229.79 Safari/537.4

There is another way as already stated above,

If you make the cache a premium member only cache something happens. At the top of the cache page when you the CO, look at it, just below the terrain/difficulty rating you get a blue link. The link says "Read Audit Log". It shows you who has looked at your cache and how many times they have. Excellent for Mystery caches. We used it for ours a lot. Which helped us see that someone had looked at the puzzle once and then emailed us to death for clues. Others had looked at it nearly a hundred times. It wont register a visit though if they view it through Gsac though.

So even though it is not a PMO cache you can make it one.

Edited by Seaglass Pirates

There is another way as already stated above,

If you make the cache a premium member only cache something happens. At the top of the cache page when you the CO, look at it, just below the terrain/difficulty rating you get a blue link. The link says "Read Audit Log". It shows you who has looked at your cache and how many times they have. Excellent for Mystery caches. We used it for ours a lot. Which helped us see that someone had looked at the puzzle once and then emailed us to death for clues. Others had looked at it nearly a hundred times. It wont register a visit though if they view it through Gsac though.

There are so many ways to get around the audit log these days, it really doesn't do much good anymore (if it ever did). Regardless, if someone has put a cache on their watchlist, they probably won't be viewing the cache page and registering in the audit log. The whole point of the watchlist is so you don't have to keep visiting the cache page.