Handlebar mount?

Guys- Be extremely cautious with garmin handlebar mounts. They are OK for cruising on good roads with a 10 speed but they aren't up to the task for serious mountain biking or use on a motorcycle.

I've seen 2 things happen- they vibrate loose and if you are lucky you stop in time to grab the gps which is now hanging upside down. Or if you manage to crank them down tight enough they transmit shock and vibration to the gps and damage the main board and the battery springs.

I reccomend spending a few $ extra for something like a ram mount, or get real serious and use a touratech mount.

-Ed

Guys- Be extremely cautious with garmin handlebar mounts. They are OK for cruising on good roads with a 10 speed but they aren't up to the task for serious mountain biking or use on a motorcycle.

I've seen 2 things happen- they vibrate loose and if you are lucky you stop in time to grab the gps which is now hanging upside down. Or if you manage to crank them down tight enough they transmit shock and vibration to the gps and damage the main board and the battery springs.

I reccomend spending a few $ extra for something like a ram mount, or get real serious and use a touratech mount.

-Ed

I have a RAM Mount on my motorcycle, very stable piece of equipment, easy to adjust and there is no way my eTrex is getting out unless I take it out, or crash I suppose.. :P

Highly recommend the RAM Mount, I use it on my mountain bike as well.

Xrider

smvtxsigpic.jpg

Edited by vtxrider

VTXRIDER

Can you help me out? I'm wanting to mount my Vista on a motorcycle and mountain bike,too. But, the RAM mount web-site is too confusing for me...do you have a part number that I could reference?

I'm currently using the Garmin Etrex mount and I'm not too sure about it's durability or waterproofness(is that a word?) and that plastic back seems "pretty" cheap. I guess, what do you expect for only $12, right?

TIA