Magellan eXplorist GC - Pictures

gavilaso

Sadly PQ's do not contain the images, as you have found out. If you use the plug-in and download an individual geocache right onto the eXplorist GC it will include the images for that cache. However, it is a pain to download each cache one by one. So I simply do without the images.

GSAK is a PC application -- so as a fellow mac user you have to judge if it is worth trying to deal with bootcamp to run windows or some other alternative. Magellen's Vantage Point would also work to get the images -- another windows only application.

So in the end what I do is use the plug-in and sync the few individual caches where I feel the images are a must such as a mystery cache with visual clues.

Agreed if you are a Mac user that's just too bad right now. I've heard they are working on a Mac compatible version of Vantagepoint though I don't know a release date yet.

Something we've ran into previously is that the "send to gps" works great for a while.....after you do so many of those though it will have so many different .gpx files in the geocache folder that the unit will 'occasionally index database and reset itself'. Not a HUGE deal but it gets to be a pain after doing it to you about the 3rd or 4th time. With GSAK you have the option to select "clear all caches" and other stuff transferred to the unit each time you send the files. It will have another check box that you can make sure you select to grab all images before sending to unit as well and it will pull them directly from Groundspeak.

Does parallels work very well anyone know or have any experience with it? I wanted to purchase an iPad 3 and load parallels onto that hoping it would allow USB access and ability to plug in my x710 into it but I've heard you can't???? Dunno....

THansk all for the reply!!!! i try using GSAK, i see that it did download the pictures they are on folder in the GPS but still when i go to geocaching it doesn't show any picture... i may be doing something wrong in the GSAK.. is there any place where i can see what or how do i neet to configure GSAK so it show me the picture???

thanks onces again!

THansk all for the reply!!!! i try using GSAK, i see that it did download the pictures they are on folder in the GPS but still when i go to geocaching it doesn't show any picture... i may be doing something wrong in the GSAK.. is there any place where i can see what or how do i neet to configure GSAK so it show me the picture???

thanks onces again!

Where are you looking to find the pictures? They will not show up as media, but only in the descriptions. The software doesn't download the gallery pictures, but only the pictures contained in the HTML within the descriptions and only for those caches that have html formatted descriptions...

David

Magellan Insiders