Why is this topic locked?

Delta68

Why is this topic locked?

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=253459&pid=4382496&st=0entry4382496

I was planning to bump it, but it is locked without any explanation

If Groundspeak have no plans of ever fixing the ignore list, perhaps they could at least say so! :mad:

Are you, as the signature line of the poster above me says, "SERISOULY AGIGTATED!"? You have a point, there is no obvious reason for the locking of that thread.

I remember now, the changes to the ignore list in 2010. As Lil Devil said in the locked thread, if you ignore a cache, you'd better mean it!!

So your original post there was about how you can't see these caches anywhere on the website, not even in the list of a hiders hides, or in someone else's list of finds. It is true, it wasn't like that from 2005 until 2010. I can tell you I have an old basic member sock puppet account which I hid two caches with (both long since archived), and on the rare occasions I want to look at any ignored caches, I'll just log in with that one. As you probably know, the ignore list is a Premium member feature. I couldn't ignore with that account if I wanted to.

When the bug reporting forums and feature suggestion forums were reorganized after the demise of the third party feedback site, we locked all legacy topics in the former (and locked) Geocaching.com Website forum. We keep these threads available for archival reference purposes.