Home adress total off location.

Sulfo

Hi there.

After the creation of my user with all information right GC think I'm living in Australia - but why ?

I live in Denmark, and that's around 15940 KM off my location... lol?

Under "Your Account Details" the home location (in GPS cords) are right, so that can't be the problem. Can it be my personal adresse there are making somekind of conflict?

The home adress is set to N 55° 3X.XXX E 012° 2X.XXX .

The Profile Adress is set to a unique street adress, so that can not be the problem. Maybe it's the city or zipcode? (Hvidovre, 2650 Denmark).

Soo... Any help to get this fixed or is it a bug? What to do ? :D

(sorry for the not so perfect English)

Edited by Sulfo

The statistics and nearest cache work off of your home coordinates, so if they're correct, you're fine. Obviously your postal code is not working -- it only works for a few countries in the Groundspeak system -- so just don't use it and you shou;d be fine.

Your English is fine (and better than some native speakers!). :lol:

I'm not sure where you are seeing this, your statistics show the farthest find from your home is ±4 miles, which seems reasonable.

My stats tells me I have found 5 caches at > 7500 km (+4660 miles)? And that's not ture :D 4 miles are maybe the max I have found away from my home location. :P

All of your finds are >10 miles from your home location --- and they are in Denmark.

Have you signed out of geocaching.com yet, and signed back in? If not, you should do so.

This action may very well correct what you are seeing.

Yes I have. This did not change anything :'(

The statistics and nearest cache work off of your home coordinates, so if they're correct, you're fine. Obviously your postal code is not working -- it only works for a few countries in the Groundspeak system -- so just don't use it and you shou;d be fine.

Hmm.. I will note that...

I think there is a HUGE bug in my stats.. Check this screenshot : Sk_rmbillede_2012_10_01_kl_19_21_55.png

What the....

And here is the info in my stats, there is "hidden"..

Find Nearest to Home

GC3VTZN - H - Bryggen i de gode gamle dage (Denmark)

15894.722 km (Cache ID is hidden from other users)

Find Farthest from Home

GC3EGGZ - Rebæk Sø (Denmark)

15901.501 km (Cache ID is hidden from other users)

GC3EGGZ is maybe 800 meter away from me (0.800 km). O_O

I'm total lost now..

Edited by Sulfo

If I set the Distance Units to Metric, everything is wrong.. But if it's on Imperial the data is current..

Is the conclusion then I need to use Imperial all the time, and if I want to find out how long it was I just need a calculator ? :D

We don't use miles in Denmark, so I'm bit lost how much one mile is -.-

Sulfo:

This is what we see from your profile (stats):

07e9dda3-312d-435c-aab0-be36ff3fd0aa.png

Obviously, much different than what you see. Am guessing that what we are seeing would be correct, is that so?

Note that we see it in miles, not km.

Do a hard refresh. SHIFT+F5 in Firefox, or clear your browser cache. You are probably looking at cached data from your hard disk instead of a fresh page from the web site.

Sulfo:

This is what we see from your profile (stats):

07e9dda3-312d-435c-aab0-be36ff3fd0aa.png

Obviously, much different than what you see. Am guessing that what we are seeing would be correct, is that so?

Note that we see it in miles, not km.

Do a hard refresh. SHIFT+F5 in Firefox, or clear your browser cache. You are probably looking at cached data from your hard disk instead of a fresh page from the web site.

Nope, I see what the OP sees (that they have 5 finds over 7500 km). Being in Canada, I'm also set for metric units. This is looking like a site bug. Interestingly, even though I have the same setting, my stats look fine.

I too, am beginning to believe it is a bug.

Yep, I would write directly advising them of the problem.

I wonder what would happen if you changed one of the coordinates by a few decimals. It might just be some weird math error and you typed in the exact number to cause it.

I wonder what would happen if you changed one of the coordinates by a few decimals. It might just be some weird math error and you typed in the exact number to cause it.

You mean the home location? :)

As said, first Geocaching.com was thinking, I was living in Australia (viewed the cache map, from the home location). Maybe it somehow remember my first home somewhere? As said, I'm lost.. :-D

Edited by Sulfo

You mean the home location? :)

As said, first Geocaching.com was thinking, I was living in Australia (viewed the cache map, from the home location). Maybe it somehow remember my first home somewhere? As said, I'm lost.. :-D

I would advise them of the WHOLE story -- as shown here on the forums.

Hmm.. My first support thread came with this answer :

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us and I apologize for the delay in responding to your message. We are experiencing difficulties with our Pocket Queries with our European users. This issue is expected to be fixed in today's site release.

We will see ! :)