Orcas/SanJuan Hotel Recomendations?

TheWinterTrio

Hi All,

We're looking at heading up for a weekend sometime in the near future and not finding any great informaiton on where to stay. It's the last County we need for that challenge. We're looking at Orcas Island (want to go after the Top 10 Challenge Cache) and/or San Juan Island. Not looking to spend a fortune as the ferry trip is already a good chunk of change..

Recomendations?

Thanks.

-TWT

I've never stayed there, but have heard good reports about the Orcas Hotel (just up the hill from the ferry dock).

Thanks, That is where we are going to try out. They are having a special for October and November so the pricing looks pretty good, plus, the chef at the attached bistro will accomodate my (extensive) list of food allergies...

-TWT

I've never stayed there, but have heard good reports about the Orcas Hotel (just up the hill from the ferry dock).

Thanks, That is where we are going to try out. They are having a special for October and November so the pricing looks pretty good, plus, the chef at the attached bistro will accomodate my (extensive) list of food allergies...

-TWT

Hmmm....I need to get the final of the Top 10 Challenge, as well, and haven't been caching on Orcas in years. LMK if you're open to geo-tagalongs, and if so, what the dates are.

Hmmm....I need to get the final of the Top 10 Challenge, as well, and haven't been caching on Orcas in years. LMK if you're open to geo-tagalongs, and if so, what the dates are.

It would be great to meet up and hit a couple caches together, but we're not planning this as a real caching trip so we may only get a couple for the weekend. Blasphemy, I know, but we often find ourselves at the mercy of a six year old who can be a reluctant cacher, so we try to be flexible and may end up spending most of the weekend playing in the sand somewhere...

-TWT