Maintenance - COs who don't ever

We have a prolific local CO. Over 150 hides. His caches are creative. Always well done. But, as far as I can tell, he has never done maintenance on any of them. Several archived for lack of maintenance. Now, he's leaving the area, and archiving his caches. With the note: If the cache is still there, feel free to remove it.

Something very wrong with this picture. Rather sad.

We were hitting them like crazy for awhile, but got tired of replacing calendar pages (or whatever else he could find) logs that were soaked within weeks of placement. Probably best he's moving on.

- Shame that others are going to be responsible for their removal.

Noticed many aren't archived yet (as of today). When they go bad, there'll be no one to respond to (he's entering the service), get archived by the reviewer and just sit there.

I maintain a few caches. The cacher’s no longer cache and has moved away. I put them on my watch list and go check on them when they get many DNF’s, or a log say’s there is no room, or wet. This is also why it is important when logging to post such things. If fact one was archived so I made a new page called it resurrected. This was worth it. In fact less than 1 month after I did this the place was revamped and I had to find a replace for the cache. I also have one of a cacher that has passed away on the watch list; I put a note on the page to contact me if they have any problems.