Trouble with the Map

solo63137

I'm sure its just me, but for some reason, when I view the maps to see what all caches are in proximity to my pinpoint, I see tons of Caches, if near, when I go to click on them, it doesn't pop up that box that give you options to read more about the cache, print, send to GPSr or Phone, etc...

I'm logged in under my name just fine, using Vista, FireFox 15.0.1

All looks to display fine, just when I go to click on an cache, the mouse pointer looks like a little hand and it does not want to select the cache in question... Seems like it works sometimes... Other times not... Pretty sure it does this on both my Work Laptop (running IE) and my home PC (again running F.F.), which is why I think its something I'm not doing right...

Its been months since I've cached and it does look a bit different. Not sure what all may have changed. We're getting ready to go on a vacation and I'd like to get a list of caches in the area to go after...

Tips on my above issue?

OK, thanks for the replies... ON one hand it makes me feel better that its not me... But on the other hand its an issue that I can't correct...

Refreshing doesn't seem to do much for me. The only thing that works is moving my mouse around till a name of the cache pops up, then trying to click on it, but getting the name to pop up is the hard part... Its like real inaccurate if that makes sense...

Thanks again.

I just want to check into a bunch of caches to get us ready for the trip. If I do all the footwork, to where we can show up somewhere, pop out the GPSr and go, I can get my wife and daughter into it..

Its funny because at 1st they're all do we gotta do this, this is Daddies nerdy or geeky hobby, but then after I find the 1st one, it gets competitive to see who can be the 1st to find the next hid...

We looked for one in Memphis Tennessee for almost an hour in the Blazing Sun... Truthfully, I was ready to give in, but it was like the 7th one and I had found 5 of them and they were wanting to get another one on me... I finally spotted it, but did not say anything and let my daughter find it... She was pretty happy with herself on that one.

Edited by solo63137

Same issue with me. I have 30 caches to log in and I can't. This is the first time this has ever happened

to me. Help!

And why does it say Tadpole under my pic?

So if a lot of us are experiencing the something or pretty close, can we get a ticket open on this and maybe The Powers That Be fix it???

So if a lot of us are experiencing the something or pretty close, can we get a ticket open on this and maybe The Powers That Be fix it???

You can pick from one of the following discussions in the Bug Report forum:

Geocaching.com maps and clickable caches issues

Non interactive map with Google Chrome

Geocache Map - Not possible to select caches - MAC only

Hovering over geocaching bubble

Map Bubbles don't display

Two of those discussions started in April and May, soon after the new maps came out, so I wouldn't my breath on the problem being fixed quickly.

I have been having a different problem with the "view larger map" link. I can get the cache name and its link to pop up unless I am too close to the zoom bar or too near another cache. The little hand has failed to appear when I click to drag the map to see nearby caches. I have a pointer and when I left click I get the cursor you would get in a word processing program. When I attempt to drag the map I get the little circle with the diagonal line through it and nothing moves. My only solution has been to select a cache at the edge of the map and recenter to see what is out there. This has not always been this way and it is working fine on other computers I use. Any suggestions?