external power source

BLACKSTACK

Yes but it doesn't charge the batteries.

Thanks ....the spec sheet for the 60csx specifically states it can handle 12 to 36 vdc as external power but i can't find a similar entry for the 62.

Do you know where there is a written "official" confirmation that 24vdc input is acceptable?

Edited by BLACKSTACK

I believe the 62 model did away with the old serial port which could handle the wide range of input voltage. Now the external power is supplied through the USB port which is 5 volts. So you will need either an adapter that can handle a wide range of voltages and output the required 5 volts or a 24 volt to 12 volt adapter that you can plug a standard USB/car adapter into.

I believe the 62 model did away with the old serial port which could handle the wide range of input voltage. Now the external power is supplied through the USB port which is 5 volts. So you will need either an adapter that can handle a wide range of voltages and output the required 5 volts or a 24 volt to 12 volt adapter that you can plug a standard USB/car adapter into.

Thanks! Seems safest to take your advice and I will!!

Edited by BLACKSTACK