garmin fenix & chirp

T.Dye

I have the new garmin fenix and I got a new garmin chirp, and i'm not able to get the fenix work with the chirp, from what ive read when you put the battery in with in 20 seconds it should allow u to sink and program the chirp ....... it has not ever worked ...... has any how had any luck the the new fenix and the chirp working? if so how did you get it to work and get it programed?

Well of course it doesn't work. the Fenix is not compatible with the chirp. click HERE to go right to the Garmin website showing what devices are compatible. Here is what Garmin gives it's retailers for a description. I have bolded the important part. chirp is a one-of-a-kind wireless beacon designed specifically for the outdoor adventures of geocaching. Affordable, durable and waterproof, chirp can communicate with, and be programmed by, any compatible wireless-enabled Garmin handheld (sold separately). chirp stores hints, multicache coordinates, counts visitors and confirms the cache is nearby. chirp is password protected and has a battery life of up to one year.

And I don't mean to be rude while writing this, just wanting to show you that there is information out there to telling that not all Garmin units will work with it, so you don't say "why didn't they tell me"

Well of course it doesn't work. the Fenix is not compatible with the chirp. click HERE to go right to the Garmin website showing what devices are compatible. Here is what Garmin gives it's retailers for a description. I have bolded the important part. chirp is a one-of-a-kind wireless beacon designed specifically for the outdoor adventures of geocaching. Affordable, durable and waterproof, chirp can communicate with, and be programmed by, any compatible wireless-enabled Garmin handheld (sold separately). chirp stores hints, multicache coordinates, counts visitors and confirms the cache is nearby. chirp is password protected and has a battery life of up to one year.

And I don't mean to be rude while writing this, just wanting to show you that there is information out there to telling that not all Garmin units will work with it, so you don't say "why didn't they tell me"

well after looking at garmin website it clearly shows that the chirp works with the fenix and even offers it as a accessorie, Oh and i called there tec surpport about the chirp and fenix, well like all of there units they have them ther for hands on and also had a few chirps ......i did what they advis me and still my chirp wouldnt let me program the chirp..... they said its prb a bad chirp so i order a new one and will update after i get it next week ......

I don't know these are the exact words from what I've found

The Garmin chirp is compatible with any outdoor handheld that has the ability to wirelessly receive or transfer waypoints, routes, tracks, and geocaches to another handheld. Below is the list of devices that can program and detect chirp.

Oregon 300, 400c, 400i, 400t

Oregon 450, 450t, 550, 550t

Dakota 20

GPSMAP 62s, 62st, 62sc, 62sct

GPSMAP 78s, 78sc

Montana 600, 650, 650t

eTrex 30

Rino 610, 650, 655t

Astro 320

The Colorado models are able to detect, but not program chirp. Some GPS models require a software update to be chirp compatible. Go the myDashboard to ensure your GPS has the latest software version.

Seeing as how they told you it would work...Try getting a software update on your GPSr, as I've bolded for you. I've googled it and found that others say it is compatable but seem to be having the same problem as you. Good luck with the new one.