EMcache

Legochugglers

As an avid follower of interesting information in the GS forums I sometimes also visited the local East Midlands caching web site/forums for news and information closer to home. It would appear that this has been recently closed down. Does anyone know why and if there were plans to reinstate the site.

Post from the Geocaching Organisations thread Linky posted earlier.

I haven't a clue what went on but it was clearly pretty serious.

A big shame as there were some very useful posts on EmCache as well as some great contacts and other useful information. Obviously you can't take one person's word for what happened but it's sad that it has taken some of the pleasure out of geocaching in what has been a very active part of the country.

Weren't some EMCachers down in West London yesterday?

At some event or other. :rolleyes:

No idea; now there is no forum for East Midlands cachers I'm unlikely to know about any cache events relevant to this part of the world.

If anyone wants to set up a new EMcache forum, then please go ahead! I don't have the time or inclination myself, but it would be great to have somewhere that we can share local caching news and ideas.

A new emcache facebook group has been set up. So you may want to join that. It is very sad that personal issues and differences could not be set aside to focus on what we all love - geocaching. As has been said there was a lot of great content on the site. I have met many wonderful people through the site and been on many very enjoyable caching trips. The latest was the Trip to the bank. I am not sure if this new emcache facebook group will be allowed to continue to function. I do know there are issues regarding the ownership of the images and name. So sadly we may see it disappear as well (hopefully it will be allowed to continue to exist). I do know that a number of the active emcache members plan to continue to organise events. It will just be harder to spread word of it if the presence on facebook is closed down.

I do know there are issues regarding the ownership of the images and name. So sadly we may see it disappear as well (hopefully it will be allowed to continue to exist). I do know that a number of the active emcache members plan to continue to organise events. It will just be harder to spread word of it if the presence on facebook is closed down.

Surely the image isn't necessary? Most of the Facebook groups I belong to don't have logos or the like. Normally just a photo will do. If the name is registered, then it may be a little confusing but if the company that owns the name is asked they can say whether they object or not. There are numerous Facebook groups with confusing names anyway. If the company doesn't like its registered name being used, then come up with a different one.

I'm not joining until I register as "Happy Humphrey" on Facebook. At the moment I use my own name.

Edited by Happy Humphrey