COINTEST - to win a Cottage Garden Spring AE

GoldBugGirl

Sorry to say, no correct answers yet...I'm making y'all work for this coin, aren't I? I'm not surprised, as nothing about this coin happened quickly, including the shipping...it traveled from Colorado to Louisiana via Estonia, LOL! At least I got a great trade out of that!

We have 50 guesses so far with some duplications, so I thought I'd put all the previous guess in one post....all these have been eliminated (with many flowers the common name is the same or almost the same as the genus):

Hollyhock--Alcea

Sunflower--Helianthus

Gardenia

Daisy--Asteraceae

Petunia

Gladiolus

Rose

Indian blanketflower--Gaillardia

Carnation--Dianthus

Red Hot Poker--Kniphofia

Magnolia

Pansy--Viola

Foxglove--Digitalis

Blazing Star--Liatris

Dahlia

Purple Coneflower--Echinacea

Iris

Sunflower--Helianthus

Clematis

Dandylion

Narcissus

Wisteria--Fabaceae

Chrysanthemum--Dendranthema

Geranium--Pelargonium

Black-Eyed Susan--Rudbeckia

Bellflower--Campanula

Golden Poppy--Eschscholzia

Passionflower--Passiflora

Marigold--Tagetes

Snapdragon--Antirrhinum

Chinese Lantern--Physalis

Calla Lily--Zantedeschai

Tulip--Tulipa

Larkspur/Delphinium--Consolida

Broken Hearts

Begonia--Begoniaceae

Hydrangea--Hydrangeaceae

Paeony--Paeonia

Heather--Calluna

Vinca--Apocyanaceae

Lady Slipper--Cypripedium

Iris

Hibiscus

Morning Glory--Ipomoea

Honeysuckle--Caprifoliaceae

Daffodil--Narcissus

Zinnia

Canna

Impatiens

Hibiscus

OH, WOW!! Can you believe that while I was typing that list, someone jumped in here with the first Correct guess? How cool is that?!?! Congrats, Skylark Four, true lillies of the genus Lilium are indeed part of my design!

One winner named, two to go, so everyone else keep guessing!!

Skylark Four, email me with your address!

Edited by GoldBugGirl

Hurray--we have our third winner! :) Kini_ont wins the final prize with a correct guess of Salvia. The genus Salvia has many colorful species; my fave is S. farinacea "Victoria Blue"--it makes a divine combo with Shasta daisies.

Kini_ont, please email me your address!

Thank you all for participating in my first cointest, for my first geocoin! I enjoyed reading your entries; they brought back so many great memories of flowers I have grown & loved. Maybe I can get my garden going again next year, now that the La Nina weather pattern, with its sweltering heat & drought, is dissipating.

As promised, it's now time to reveal my design for the front of Cottage Garden Summer. I may tweak it a bit, & the mint may change it some, but this is basically it (shown in perhaps my AE colors):

e56c77bf-67ba-4998-aa47-c3a8a508883e.jpg

Hopefully I'll have this coin, & another cointest, next year!

Title updated at OP's request

To the OP, if you wish to use this thread for your coin, please let us know, and we can edit the title. Otherwise, as with all cointest threads, we will close it when all thanks have been posted.

Please use the report button on the first post for faster, more efficient service.

Oh wow, I was heading out the door caching this afternoon when I remembered that I hadn't picked a flower for today. My thinking was that the last flower would be a tall or spike flower with colour to attract hummingbirds but a bee works too :D Thank you for the cointest and congrats on the new coin, email on its way.