Creating routes

Brival

I have subscribed to getamap - Ordnance Survey's online mapping tool for UK. It has the ability to import a gpx file and plot the route on one of its OS maps which can then be printed off. I know how to create a route on geocaching.com using roads and typing in the end places - this imports well into getamap although you only get the route - no geocaches pinpointed or anything.

However what I really would like to do is look at geocaching.com, identify a group or ring of geocaches along footpaths, and create a route going to them all. I could imagine being able to click on the geocache icons on the screen and create a route a bit like you do in googlemaps. This could then be imported onto the OS map which of course has all the footpaths marked. However I can find no way of doing this. Am I just asking too much.....

You don't mention what equipment you have, but in case you have one of the Garmins that support terrain map view, you can do this with the free BaseCamp software from Garmin. I often look over the terrain with Google Earth and use the 'draw path' in GE where I can see where the paths/trails are. Save to KML and then import into BaseCamp. Import the cache GPX files into BaseCamp and then download it all onto my Etrex 30. On the Etrex, I can see the topo map, cache icons and the tracks that I drew in GE. This works really well!

I have subscribed to getamap - Ordnance Survey's online mapping tool for UK. It has the ability to import a gpx file and plot the route on one of its OS maps which can then be printed off. I know how to create a route on geocaching.com using roads and typing in the end places - this imports well into getamap although you only get the route - no geocaches pinpointed or anything.

However what I really would like to do is look at geocaching.com, identify a group or ring of geocaches along footpaths, and create a route going to them all. I could imagine being able to click on the geocache icons on the screen and create a route a bit like you do in googlemaps. This could then be imported onto the OS map which of course has all the footpaths marked. However I can find no way of doing this. Am I just asking too much.....