Making a Geocoin

Tamara Rose

You can buy blocks of tracking numbers from Groundspeak, but I understand the minimum is 50 at a time. See here: Tracking code policy.

If you just want to do a few coins then the easiest thing would be to buy some travel bug tags and use the numbers off those. (This would mean that your hand-made coin would carry the icon of whatever travel tag you used.)

MrsB

Do you have any pictures of past work with coins? I've been trying for years to find a legitimate way to create a metal coin design where every coin is unique to a higher degree than a straight forward minting. I've thought of tumbling them with stones, beating them individual with a ball peen, etc., but I think hand made might be the way to really do it right.

You can buy blocks of tracking numbers from Groundspeak, but I understand the minimum is 50 at a time. See here: Tracking code policy.

If you just want to do a few coins then the easiest thing would be to buy some travel bug tags and use the numbers off those. (This would mean that your hand-made coin would carry the icon of whatever travel tag you used.)

MrsB

i would likely just by a block of numbers if given the chance

for fox and the hound.... and harwell 5

i dont have any coins i just start geocaching a month ago and carn my cute little fuzzy brain gets great ideas like if i can make a passable knife what you be so wrong about a very unique round flat thing....

every one of them would end up different like collectable art bits... i have one other draw back but that is for me to figure out... how to get my forge back up and runing we moved resently and we had not gotten around to that

Edited by Tamara Rose