A bit of Advice for upcoming visit.

yawppy

It is about that time of year , Thanksgiving!, I'll be visiting family about 100 miles to the East off of I40.

I want to grab a few caches in Nashville. Seems do-able, but not knowing the area all to well, wanted to get a feel for it. I realize night caching , comes with risks, but some areas of town are more high risk than others, and so on a scale of 1-10, what do ya'll think?

Here is one of the virtuals (GC69C0) with in the area I want to visit before hopping on I40. I would try it at the crack of morning, but really just want to get to home, and my return is the flight home...early am, so the only window I have is when I land. I know there is a risk, just curious as the general over all area.

And finally, just curious as to any recommendations as to perhaps a good must have eatery,beverage?

OK TY

We were up Nashville way a few weeks ago. We liked the family style meals at Monell's so much, we went for both Friday dinner and Sunday brunch. We went to the one in Germantown.

That virtual must be the only one around town I didn't get a chance to hit; I figured we'd be back during the day and then we never did come back by. I was caching around the Capitol buildings at the crack of dawn, I had no issues but your mileage may vary.

I've been to Nashville a dozen times for caching

You shouldn't have any issues caching in the downtown/government/tourist areas at any time of the day.

Rebirth of a Bridge is particularly striking at night.

You can grab several caches at this one waypoint as there is a bit of a stack here.

The Middle TN GC Greatest Hits BM list hasn't been updated in a while, but you cannot go wrong with anything on that list.

Go have fun at GeoMojo if you want a real head scratcher.

As far as must do eats & drinks-that is pretty subjective, especially if you cook for a living.

Feel free to send me a PM with your likes and I can give some targets.

There is even a chance I will be there for Thanksgiving too, and we can connect for some caching.

Edited by wimseyguy