Maps Showing Geo-Caches with Number ID's

Berks Dutchie

OK, I LOVE the Pocket Query feature, but am frustrated that I can't seem to print a map showing me the geo-caches and their name/ID.

Am I missing something? How can I do this? I want to be able to see the caches in my query, and where each is located on my map.

Thanks! Berks

I'd love to be able to do this too, but I've yet to find out an easy way to accomplish it. This is also pretty much the main reason I use my iphone in conjunction with my dedicated GPS.

Depends a little on your equipment and software that you have. I have a Garmin GPS and use the free Basecamp app from Garmin to manage my cache details and maps. I import a PQ into BaseCamp and it graphically shows them on the map by name. I have attached a recent cacheing run printout from BaseCamp and this is what I see on my Etrex 30 screen, too. I suspect that other brands of GPS may have similar software to help with waypoint management. If you have a Garmin, go get Basecamp and you're set.

BaseCampCapture2-M.jpg

OK, I LOVE the Pocket Query feature, but am frustrated that I can't seem to print a map showing me the geo-caches and their name/ID.

Am I missing something? How can I do this? I want to be able to see the caches in my query, and where each is located on my map.

Thanks! Berks

Thanks! Berks

For free, upload your .GPX (PQ) file to GPS Visualizer; select "Permanent labels" in the Waypoint labels field and hit the Draw the map button

Or, if you don't suffer from the misfortune of owning a Mac, invest in GSAK (well worth it); download the "Google_Map_V3" macro from the GSAK website. This will load your PQ into Google maps and you can select to label the caches either by code or name (plus a whole lot of other stuff).

If you look at the list of your pocket queries at geocaching.com there should be a button map_magnify.png preview PQ on map. And that map should be printable from your browser.

When I want to print a map with caches for i.e. a Tour, I use the following combination.

+ Firefox Browser

+ Greasemonkey Add-on

+ GC Tour ( http://gctour.madd.in/)

GCTour allows to add caches to individual tours. It then has a very flexible and paper-saving function to print these caches. This includes an overview map + list, optionally individual maps and editable cache descriptions. Also those tours can be passed via a special web-link to friends.

I assume that these tools are also usable on a mac, as firefox is available for the mac. But I have used it so far only on a PC.

Edited by SKAMS