Which one should I release?

Silfron Mandotheneset

I just bought a state medallion geocoin from the Groundspeak store and it comes with two coins (a regular size and a micro) both with the same tracking number. Now, I want to release one of them, but I don't know which has the better chance of survival.

Any opinions? It seems to me that the little one is more likely to get lost and the large one is more likely to get stolen :/ So. No idea what's better.

I just bought a state medallion geocoin from the Groundspeak store and it comes with two coins (a regular size and a micro) both with the same tracking number. Now, I want to release one of them, but I don't know which has the better chance of survival.

Any opinions? It seems to me that the little one is more likely to get lost and the large one is more likely to get stolen :/ So. No idea what's better.

Maybe keep the one you would most hate to lose. When I release my coins, I just set them up for survivability as best I can, and I don't over-think them :anicute:. However, bigger is better! :P

Mark it or scratch it with initials or your cacher name. One coin has my "KU" initials front and back, and my cacher name engraved around the edge. Even better: If you can drill a hole in the coin and loop it onto some object, that makes it harder to forget in a pocket.

4112eba0-059d-4e91-a709-295d35d03e7a.jpg

You can see the "KU" initials here. What doesn't show up in this picture are my initials and cacher name around the edge.

Edited by kunarion

Flip for it.

Toss them in a bucket of water and see which one sinks the fastest.

Roll them both and see which one your pet will go after - if they be round, that is.

Put two sheets of paper on the wall marked BIG'UN and LIL'UN, put a blindfold on a test subject (you?) and go pin a tail to the geocoin.

Seriously, if you can't choose anyone's guess is no better than yours.

Haha, fair enough. I thought y'all might have some insight but if it's really just up in the air, then alrighty! Thanks for the help ^_^

You can do all the theft prevention in the world... drilling it, attaching high tensile cable and geocoin buddies and packets of instructions, engraving your name.... it's all still luck of the draw - Big'un or Lil'un will each face the same challenges. Hope you get some good mileage out of yours.

Psssst..... here's a secret to enjoying your traveling coins - mentally and emotionally let them go, just forget about them. The less you think about them the better. When those logs come in, great..... if they don't, so what?! you'd already written them off. And if they disappear happily mark them "Stolen".... in their names!