Garmin Sucks

Yes, there's huge (Garmin) and then there's HUGE (Apple, Microsoft). And then there's GINORMOUS (Wal-Mart). But we're not talking about the latter.

And, it's ridiculous to even make the comparison. Garmin has plenty of resources to test their crap and get it right.

Since they have products aimed at the aviation and marine markets, and there's not much of a margin for error there... perhaps those areas of the company are tying up the QC dept. Just a thought.

I would tend to agree with this. After all, we're just a bunch of silly geocachers, not their most important customer base by far.

--Larry

I would tend to agree with this. After all, we're just a bunch of silly geocachers, not their most important customer base by far.

--Larry

So that gives them a free pass or something to put out crap firmware on initial releases? Think not...

Well, they seem to be getting away with it so far....

--Larry

"Crap Firmware"

I've been to the mountain top. I've seen "Crap Firmware". Believe me, the past few GPS unit launches by Garmin have been far from "Crap Firmware". A few bugs depending on your specific uses? Sure. But "Crap"? That's rather dramatic don't you think? I wish this thread, with it's less than brilliant, petulant, and oh-so thoughtful title, would sink away into the depths of the forum archives. I only commented because once again it floated to the top of the bowl.

...and thought perhaps it was just me being an idiot with a new piece of technology.

From Post #1 in this thread. I think the poster, who wrote his only post ever (and since) to cry about how much "Garmin Sucks", got it just about right in this statement.

Edited by yogazoo

Very true. I can see why other forums (fora?) have rules against necro-posting.

I suppose I MIGHT be convinced that "Garmin sucks"...only if someone could demonstrate to me that their devices and/or firmware and/or software were objectively inferior to similar devices for the same price. Until then, it's just a matter of opinion, and a lot of people are voting in favor of Garmin with their money.