Trees & Men Geocoin

Vanelle

I've got a new coin for debut at Geocoinfest Colorado.

Inspired by a quote by John Muir, it's been kicking around in my sketchbook for a while. It started out like this:

292953_10151245430565712_752819897_n.jpg

Then moved into artwork for the mint:

75607_10151246856640712_416993900_n.jpg

And today, the COINS ARRIVED! Here is a picture of the regular edition:

246736_10151250318845712_1359696522_n.jpg

The coin is trackable on geocaching.com, is 3" x 1.25" and has a unique icon. The regular edition (satin silver with translucents and a glow moon) and the limited edition (black nickel with glow-in-the-dark backgrounds) will debut for sale at geocoinfest in 15 days. The artist edition is for trade only.

I hope you like it.

I'll get more pictures up soon.

I am really excited about the enthusiastic responses to this coin. THANK YOU! This is a special one for me. I love all the silly details that went into it (for example, there's eight different trees represented by their identifiable leaves under the translucent, and Orion hidden in the constellations) - and how well it translated all the way through to production.

Some folks are writing to me and asking me if I can take reservations, and I just can't. I have a full time job and a family, and this whole coin design thing is a personal outlet for me. I love the events, having a booth, meeting everyone and being in coin heaven. I just can't manage an internet store or reservations. What I will do, though, is after the event, if I have any left over, I will post them for sale and organize and mail stuff for about two weeks, or until the coins sell out (whichever comes first).

Here is a picture of the back of the coin - the Limited Edition, which is black nickel with GLOW.

539476_10151264085040712_1470440683_n.jpg

SIX DAYS UNTIL COINFEST!

8a3d7cc9-ceb6-47d3-a8d7-6f18c02f4c9d.jpg?rnd=0.07355464

I have a few coins left from the GCF trip. If you would like any of the coins, please follow the directions below to order.

Email to: clearlykam@gmail.com

Subject line: Vanelle Coin Order

Please copy and paste the following into your e-

mail:

Your Name:

Your GeoNick:

Your Shipping Address:

Your Paypal:

Trees & Men: RE (satin silver with translucents) QTY =

Trees & Men: LE (black nickel with glow) QTY =

Mountains Calling Set (satin gold with free Pathtag ) QTY=

Marvelous Nature: SE (black nickel/rainbow) QTY=

If a version runs out please = cancel my order / send what is available

Once you send me your information, I will send you an invoice via paypal. Because these coins are all different weights and sizes, I’ll weigh your package and figure out actual postage costs. Shipping & handling will be based on actual postage fees +$1.

I will be working through the e-mails in the order they are received. I will try to get back to everyone before the end of the weekend.

Hello there!!

Good heavens, I've missed out on some GREAT geocoins this past year (so many lovely new coins on the forum) - and even missed geocoinfest. Sometimes regular life just needs attention and focus, and I'm in one of those places right now.

The folks at The Geocoin Store, however, have been wonderful and helpful, and have picked up a special version of the Trees & Men Geocoin. It's a gorgeous color combo, Antique Bronze with coordinating translucents that let you see all the crazy detail underneath.

You can pick it up here.

I hope you like it, and promise I'll make more coins as soon as I have more time for play!

product1.jpg

Edited by Vanelle