Oregon 550T Waypoints/Compass view

instep_guy

Presuming you wish to go to a waypoint by other than car/truck and this waypoint is not a geocache -

Goto Profile Change and set profile to Recreational.

You also might check:

Setup>

scroll downn ro Routing>

Guidance method> Off Road

In a similar vein,if you wanted to use the Oregon in your car for non-geocaching -

Goto the profile page and set profile to Automotive.

Setup>

scroll downn ro Routing>

Lock on Roads> yes

Presuming you wish to go to a waypoint by other than car/truck and this waypoint is not a geocache -

Goto Profile Change and set profile to Recreational.

You also might check:

Setup>

scroll downn ro Routing>

Guidance method> Off Road

In a similar vein,if you wanted to use the Oregon in your car for non-geocaching -

Goto the profile page and set profile to Automotive.

Setup>

scroll downn ro Routing>

Lock on Roads> yes

The large red pointer on the compass on the main compass page should certainly be pointing in the direction of whatever you are navigating to.(in all profiles, I believe). The smaller compasses in the upper left corner of the map or main compass page are part of the "geocaching dashboard", and they will only ever point in the direction of the nearest geocache, or a geocache that you are navigating to, but not to regular a waypoint.

44404e01-fb4d-49c8-963a-1a05d49e97d0.jpg?rnd=0.9449672

A screen shot of my 450 pointing to where I am navigating as well as the dashboard still showing the nearest geocache.

Edited to not use a giant image.

Edited by Mr Kaswa

The large red pointer on the compass on the main compass page should certainly be pointing in the direction of whatever you are navigating to.(in all profiles, I believe). The smaller compasses in the upper left corner of the map or main compass page are part of the "geocaching dashboard", and they will only ever point in the direction of the nearest geocache, or a geocache that you are navigating to, but not to regular a waypoint.

44404e01-fb4d-49c8-963a-1a05d49e97d0.jpg?rnd=0.9449672

A screen shot of my 450 pointing to where I am navigating as well as the dashboard still showing the nearest geocache.

Edited to not use a giant image.

What he said....

Switch profiles to the Recreational profile. You can also customize each profile to suit your tastes....the dashboard for each profile can show 4 different fields, I believe, which you can specify...distance to waypoint, ETA to waypoint, current speed, bearing, etc.

The Oregon 550 has SO many different ways to customize the various profiles that it takes awhile to finally set it up like you like it. Play around with the profile settings and get a feel for what they all do.