Caches Found # decreasing?

CDarby

Not sure if this is the right area for this topic, but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

This morning when I signed onto the website I noticed that my total Cache Find # had decreased from 466 to 465? Am I right to assume that a log of mine has been deleted by a cache owner? Is this how a find would be removed from my total find count? Also, is there a way for me to determine what log might have been in fact deleted?

Not sure if this is the right area for this topic, but I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

This morning when I signed onto the website I noticed that my total Cache Find # had decreased from 466 to 465? Am I right to assume that a log of mine has been deleted by a cache owner? Is this how a find would be removed from my total find count? Also, is there a way for me to determine what log might have been in fact deleted?

If a cache owner had deleted a log of yours, you would have gotten an email.

But checking your profile:

CDarby has found 466 caches (466 distinct) since 10/03/2007.

there doesn't seem to be a problem.

And, yes, this is the wrong forum. :)

B.

Edited by Pup Patrol

If a cache owner had deleted a log of yours, you would have gotten an email.

But checking your profile:

CDarby has found 466 caches (466 distinct) since 10/03/2007.

there doesn't seem to be a problem.

And, yes, this is the wrong forum. :)

B.

Thanks for the info, I was hoping an email would be sent if one of my logs was deleted. Also, the 466 that is showing now is because I also logged a cache this morning.

But thanks again!

Cheers.

Maybe you have a double found in any cache, before?

BINGO! I never even thought about that being a Possiblity, but now that you mention it I did discover a double entry just the other day and removed the duplicate. Thanks so much, this explains it all.

You would only get an email if the Cache Owner deleted your log. You won't get one if you delete the log yourself.

B.

Maybe you have a double found in any cache, before?

BINGO! I never even thought about that being a Possiblity, but now that you mention it I did discover a double entry just the other day and removed the duplicate. Thanks so much, this explains it all.

You would only get an email if the Cache Owner deleted your log. You won't get one if you delete the log yourself.

B.

Good to know, thanks!

Hi, there.

I have the oposite problem. The statistics and Found caches is increased by 1. I dont know why.

Geocaching statistics tell me i found 955 tradicional caches, but PQ "My finds" only 954 tr.caches.

Geocaching statistics tell me i found 17 caches with D-2.5 and T-2, but if i listed them i found only 16 caches.

So please where is the bug?

Thanks for answer

Wrauu (Czech Republic)

Hi, there.

I have the oposite problem. The statistics and Found caches is increased by 1. I dont know why.

Geocaching statistics tell me i found 955 tradicional caches, but PQ "My finds" only 954 tr.caches.

Geocaching statistics tell me i found 17 caches with D-2.5 and T-2, but if i listed them i found only 16 caches.

Thanks for answer

Wrauu (Czech Republic)

You've logged more than one "found it" for a cache.

This thread explains how to use GSAK to find that discrepancy:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=296580

B.

Hi, there.

Thanks for answer

Wrauu (Czech Republic)

You've logged more than one "found it" for a cache.

This thread explains how to use GSAK to find that discrepancy:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=296580

B.

Yes. Thank you. I found the duplicity and delete it. Thank you again :)