How Do You Download a Group of Geocaches in GPX File Format?

kcac1208

I did a search and found a group of caches I would like to load onto my Magellan Explorist 710 gps. Here is what I am doing:

1. Go to the geocaching.com "Hide and Seek a Geocache" page

2. Enter search criteria

3. From the search results screen, click the check boxes of the geocaches I want to download

4. Click on "Download Waypoints"

The only file format that is offered when I click the "Download Waypoints" button is a LOC file. I want to download the geocaches in the GPX file format instead. The text that accompanies the "Download Waypoints" button has a link to the info below, which explains the differences between the types of waypoint files. IF the info is there to explain the differences between the types of files, I would think there is a way to use the "Download Waypoints" button to switch among the different types of waypoint file formats. Am I doing something wrong? How do you do a group download of GPX files?

Waypoint File Formats

LOC - The original download format for the search results page on Geocaching.com. This contains only the most basic data.

GPX (GPS eXchange Format) - Available for Pocket Queries, a Premium Member feature on the web site. The GPX file format has specific geocaching information that can be used by supporting applications.

KML - Although originally used for Google Earth (formerly Keyhole - KML stands for Keyhole Modeling Language), KML is increasingly being used to read and display map data. Geocaching.com uses this format to view caches and to view the movements of trackable items.

Edited by kcac1208