Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
BeezerInIndy

CAC Cache to Eagle

I'm trying to find Eagle projects, on public property to place a series of "Cache-to-Eagle" caches. Ideally I would like to find one in each of the districts of our council. If someone knows of someone already trying to do this, or doing a district series, please let me know.This is a ticket item for my Wood Badge training.

Yours in Scouting,

Brian Riley

Edited by BeezerInIndy

I'm trying to find Eagle projects, on public property to place a series of "Cache-to-Eagle" caches. Ideally I would like to find one in each of the districts of our council. If someone knows of someone already trying to do this, or doing a district series, please let me know.This is a ticket item for my Wood Badge training.

Yours in Scouting,

Brian Riley

Since this is a 'worldwide' (or national, at least) forum, it would be helpful if you would mention the specific council name.

You are absolutely correct!!! I an in Crossroads of America Council, Pioneer District, in central Indiana. Sometimes the obvious escapes me Road Rabbit. Thanks again!

You are absolutely correct!!! I an in Crossroads of America Council, Pioneer District, in central Indiana. Sometimes the obvious escapes me Road Rabbit. Thanks again!

I did an advanced search on the term "Cache to Eagle" and scrolled through the results looking for caches in Indiana. About 22 pages in, I found this one. More in the NW section of the state.

Looking further, I found this one about 50 miles south of Indianapolis. It seems to be the start of a series.

That's all I could locate in your state, but there are enough Cache to Eagle caches nationally to fill 34 pages. Good luck!

I am involved with a pack in North East District (recently moved here from Pathfinder District). Probably going to Wood Badge in the Spring. I am excited that someone is working on the "Cache to Eagle" concept for our council. Yet, a bit disappointed that I won't be able to leave this legacy to our council.

How is it going so far? Are you still in need of ideas of eagle project locations for cache placement? Or do you already have this figured out? I'd love to see a link(s) to the caches in the series.

Yours in Scouting,

Brian Riley

Good Luck Beezer, I just finished doing a CAC for my Council, Alapaha Area Council, which just merged with another Council to become the South Georgia Council, not too long ago. It took me over a year to get the CAC off the ground and running. Since records are not kept by the Council on Eagle Projects you will have to contact each Troop in your area and then start contacting all the Eagles and find out where their project is, if it's still there, then scout it out to see if it's worthy of a cache, check proximity issues... These efforts will often lead to some great sites. I was even lucky enough to find some projects that were over 20 years old and still doing well. It is a huge undertaking but well worth the effort. Choose the wording of your cache pages carefully, I had a heck of a time convincing a local reviewer that my pages did not violate the policies of Groundspeak and had to tweak them quiet a bit to get his stamp of approval. If you use the Scouts name in your listing make sure you get permission from his parents and it wouldn't hurt to get his too. Also, make sure you follow the guidelines of Groundspeak to the letter and above all else, get landowner permission. These caches will be a reflection of the values of Scouting and every rule should be followed. Let me know if I can offer any help and I'll happily give you my phone number through private message if you need it. - Dave, I used to be a Bobwhite...SR-944