Cause of death listed on gravestone.

Myself, I am an enormous cemeteries fan. I travel a lot and when I do so, I never miss a cemetery wherever I go. However, somehow I feel in Waymarking there is a fair variety of categories related with cemeteries and I wouldn't support this one, not because it's not funny or vaguely interesting but because there as a point when I would say, "it's enough" and personally I consider this point was reached regarding this thematic.

I'm all for this category idea! I found one headstone in a nearby cemetery that said MURDERED in big, bold letters. I'm still trying to find the story behind it and so this category would entice waymarkers to try and find the history behind some of these causes of death.

I've become a HUGE fan of cemeteries since they contain SO MUCH HISTORY about the local area through the people who are buried in them. Many people buried in local cemeteries often helped to establish the village, town, city, etc. and I find it interesting to try and look up the history and accomplishments of many of these people.

Edited by thebeav69

Myself, I am an enormous cemeteries fan. I travel a lot and when I do so, I never miss a cemetery wherever I go. However, somehow I feel in Waymarking there is a fair variety of categories related with cemeteries and I wouldn't support this one, not because it's not funny or vaguely interesting but because there as a point when I would say, "it's enough" and personally I consider this point was reached regarding this thematic.

I'm sorry, but if every brand name of fast food can have its own category, then I don't see how another type of grave would be a problem. Do you know of one it would fit into? I don't. This isn't for famous people. Their grave might not be "out of place".

Cemetery themed subcategories: 15

Restaurant Chain subcategories: 33!

I'm sorry, but if every brand name of fast food can have its own category, then I don't see how another type of grave would be a problem. Do you know of one it would fit into? I don't. This isn't for famous people. Their grave might not be "out of place".

Cemetery themed subcategories: 15

Restaurant Chain subcategories: 33!

No need to be sorry. I would vote with an even bigger NAY to any further fast food chain.

It's a grave as any other grave. No need to fit into a category. It mentions cause of death? Great. It's just a bit of info, like the name, date of birth, date of death, family, religion, etc. Next you can create "Graves from Aviators" and next "Graves with no tombstones" and next "Graves from people who were not born in the region" and next "Graves mentioning the time of death" etc etc etc

No need to be sorry. I would vote with an even bigger NAY to any further fast food chain.

It's a grave as any other grave. No need to fit into a category. It mentions cause of death? Great. It's just a bit of info, like the name, date of birth, date of death, family, religion, etc. Next you can create "Graves from Aviators" and next "Graves with no tombstones" and next "Graves from people who were not born in the region" and next "Graves mentioning the time of death" etc etc etc

Exactly expressed, agree.