Hi, I'm new - using a trackable

emmabflea

Hi, I'm Emma and have only recently discovered Geocaching... and we're hooked! I have a 3 year old who is loving the walking and the 'treasure hunting' and so we bought our first trackable. Her cousin (who is also 3) has got one and the girls have decided (with a little help from us! LOL) to have a competition to see how far theirs can get!

I was intending on attaching a small laminated card explaining their 'competition' and also in the hope that people might help it on it's journey, is this ok?

Could anyone give me some helpful hints and tips? I have a basic black dogtag but not sure what it's classed as - it's not a geocoin, does that mean it's a bug?

sorry for all the questions!

Emma :D

Edited by emmabflea

Do not put on it where you hope it will go(IE New York City) Murphy's law, it will not go there if you tell people you want it to go there. Click the red words to take you to a link that should help out>>> Snoogans' Tb Longevity Clinic

And yes unless it's a coin it is considered a Travel Bug. There should be an activation code-or a website to retrieve the code with the trackable. You will need that code AND the numbers on the dog tag to activate it.

Edited by T.D.M.22