Ishpatina Ridge Trip data

Mike & Jess

I know a couple people have been after me to get the trip report (photos and tracks) online for my recent trip to Ishpatina Ridge (highest point in Ontario).

After a couple computer issues, and other issues, I finally got everything online.

I've been keeping all my info (collected online and through personal experience) in a thread on the Northern Ontario Geocachers forum.

The thread can be found here; Ishpatina Ridge (Travel Resource info)

The last post contains the most recent "by land" data.

If anyone has more information to add (aspecially the by water/canoe trip), please feel free to add more info.

If anyone has more information to add (aspecially the by water/canoe trip), please feel free to add more info.

I know of a few people who have made the trip from the north via canoe, experienced paddlers who made the trip with, it seems, geocaching secondary to the journey. One was kind enough to share the tracklog with the Ontario Trails Project, so you get a fair idea of the route and the number/length of portages. It is obviously a multi-day trip and would require a lot of thought beforehand. But the great thing about geocaching is that so many people we know have had fantastic experiences that they are more than willing to share and give advice on.

As well, the "Friends of Temagami" (look them up on the web or Facebook) have recently released an excellent map (I assume excellent, I haven't bought it yet) that I am sure would be an great resource for those looking to come from the north ... or to follow your route as well; trails, canoe routes, campsites, etc.

As for your notes, very comprehensive and impressive, really enjoyed the read. I'd like to think I could make use of them in the future, maybe next October?

As well, the "Friends of Temagami" (look them up on the web or Facebook) have recently released an excellent map (I assume excellent, I haven't bought it yet) that I am sure would be an great resource for those looking to come from the north ... or to follow your route as well; trails, canoe routes, campsites, etc.

Given that my next "Bunch of Floating Lunatics" trip in 2013 is likely heading to Wolf Lake / Temagami area, I'm particularly interested in trail/portage maps of that area right now. I'll have to check that site out.

Thanks for posting the TB page.

RES2100's event was a kick in the butt for me. Found out about it the morning of the event. Really wanted to go, but couldn't get up there in time to make the event (quads where at my parent's place, west of Lively).

The other info pages I think I've grabbed and posted in the Northern Ontario Geocachers's thread listed above (will double check).

As a side note, http://coord.info/GC3XCHD can be added once it gets published (too far out to be published at this time). I have the draft page together and am hoping to have a little something special together for this event (no promises I'll be successful).