Why does my PQ have a line through the title?

Need me glasses

Have you already downloaded it? If so, it means that it is no longer accessible. You need to resort to your [saved] download.

You must have checked the "run once, then delete" box. We most always do this, anyway.

PQ's are cheap. Play with them and learn.... best way to learn is to stumble. :)

Download and save it when it is available, never a problem.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I have not downloaded it, this is just how it was shown when I clicked the email link. Or do you mean have I done the same search on a previous PQ? if so then yes, I was just trying to update as several new caches are now in my area. I am finding creating the PQ easy but from there on I am struggling, so far I have only managed to put 1 on my GPS and that was by chance! I don't know how to do it again. Someone said I need to delete something first, what and how? any help would be gratefully recieved!!

Ok so now I have downloaded the new PQ and it has added the new caches in my area but the ones that were already on the GPS dont have any updated logs or updated info on which ones contain TBs etc, what have I done wrong?

A couple of things here.... I don't know how you set up your PQ parameters, so I may be missing something....

First and foremost -- Old data is bad data. You really shouldn't hold data in your unit for more than a couple of weeks, month at most.

Some do..... but my point is that 'new' caches are being placed all the time, 'old' caches may be disabled or archived.

If you retain PQ data for too long, you will end up looking for caches that may not even be there -- while missing new caches that have been placed nearby, but you don't have them in the unit.

The best way is to delete the old PQ data. You don't need it any more if you have ran a similar (or the same) area. Though not 'useless', it is nearly much so. It can only 'clog' things up and utilize memory space that you need for other stuff.

If you want updated logs, etc. Run a new PQ and dump the old one (before putting the new one in the unit).

Hey, at five PQ's daily, they are cheap and you really shouldn't run out of them. :)

Some folks set up local PQ's to run weekly. That way, they always have updated and new data.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

You need to delete the old PQ from the unit.

Plug the GPS into your computer. It should create a new drive. Say it adds a E: drive.

Open the drive and find the folder that says GPX. Open that folder and you will see files with a number.gpx Delete those files and the old PQ's will be gone.

If you have a memory card installed you will need to do the same thing with the drive created for the card.

Any .gpx files with a date on them are from waypoints you create by hitting mark waypoint on the gps. Don't delete those unless you want to get rid of all the waypoints you create.

Yay!! I have done it, thanks for helping me everyone. I know I am thick when it comes to computers! If I didn't love caching so much I would have given up struggling with the technical side long ago and just gone walking, but now I know what is hiding in the undergrowth it spurs me on to try to learn (which takes time when you are 50)

Thanks again.

Edited by Need me glasses