loggin coordinates

Lobbi

I am trying to register a new cache's coordinates but whatever format i use has the map checker showing them to be in mid ocean and about 50 miles south of the actual location.

There is another cache nearby and when i enter those as a location i get the same result!

The nearby cache (in north wales, uk)by bongblodboo has coordinates N052 degs 54.373 W004 Degs 38.854

As with my own coordinates I have tried various of the reccomended format, eg

52.54373, - 4.38854 52.54373,-0438854 and so on without luck (I dont have degree symbols on ipad or laptop)

I haven't had any response from geocaching themselves yet.

Any suggestions appreciated

David aka Lobbi

Your coordinates are in the sea. Something went wrong with the conversion.

N52 54.373 W004 38.854 is same 52.906217 -4.647567

If you want digital degrees then try this converter

Though you can use the format like N52 54.373 W004 38.854

They don't need to do any conversions. They just need to type the coordinates out without the degree symbol, and Groundspeak needs to fix their form so it stops confusing everyone. We get this question at least once a week. The new form is supposed to make things easier for the new cache hider, yet most of them can't get past the coordinates screen because they can't find the degree symbol on their keyboards.

You could always click Here for the old way-you won't need to do the degree symbol. Anyway in order to get ° AKA the degree you just hold ALT key and type 0176.

You do NOT NEED THE DEGREE SYMBOL on the new form, either. It's entirely optional and will work just fine without it. I really wish Groundspeak would change the examples to stop confusing people.