BaseCamp vs. Mapsource

rjerry

I have a Nuvi 3590 and created a custom route on mapsource and Mapsource will not recognize the Nuvi so I can transfer it. Has anyone found a way to take a file created on mapsource and send it to BaseCamp so it can be loaded into a Nuvi? How many people find BaseCamp to be one of the most difficult programs to use as compared to mapsource? What was Garmin thinking? Not everyone is a computer geek and Mapsource was very intuitive to use.Sorry for the rant part of this ,I am just frustrated trying to use BaseCamp.

The newer units use a different folder/file structure for tracks, route, waypoints which BaseCamp creates/recognizes, but MapSource does not. I think saveing the MS route to the computer, opening it in BC, and it can then be sent to the GPSr.

'How many people find ...' - Probably somewhat less than all who do not use it for Birdseye imagery.

'What was Garmin thinking?' - They created it to display and sell Birdseye imagery.

'Not everyone is a computer geek ...' - Garmin's staff needs improvement here as MS could have been modified to handle Birdseye or all the functionality of MapSource could have been included in BC. Just another example of wanting to get as much of the consumer's money as possible for as little cost to the manufacturer, etc. as possible.