Non interactive map with Google Chrome

hobiekytty

After I did a cache search and went to "Map this Location". It brings up a map with cache icons however I cannot interact with any of the icons to find out the name, details or go to specific cache page. I'm using Google Chrome Version 22.0.1229.56 beta-m. Also did an update check and Google Chrome is the most current version. I tried the same thing using IE and FireFox, they seem to work fine. Also submitted a report to Google Chrome team.

After I did a cache search and went to "Map this Location". It brings up a map with cache icons however I cannot interact with any of the icons to find out the name, details or go to specific cache page. I'm using Google Chrome Version 22.0.1229.56 beta-m. Also did an update check and Google Chrome is the most current version. I tried the same thing using IE and FireFox, they seem to work fine. Also submitted a report to Google Chrome team.

Me too! And very annoying it is too :mad:

As soon as this began, I noticed a new feature on gs.com. Specifically, after inputting corrected coords for a mystery cache, the map on the cache page displays a blue line from the original coords to the corrected coords. It also shows a green checkmark at the location of the corrected coords. When I use Firefox, the larger map is interactive (i.e., the icons are interactive). However, the slick new changes on the map for mystery caches with user corrected coords do not show up. Ergo, new map view for corrected coords = larger map loses interactive, at least on my account.

Hi

I had the problem yesterday,did a system restore to the day before and all went well till today!

Today it was the same problem.

Did another system restore and it worked again....till I shut off my computer and restarted it

Google chrome did an update (automatic) and back to the same problem!!!!

I reinstalled IE 8 and all is well.

Whats up with that?

I'm not a computer wiz, only very frustrated!!!!!

I hope tomorrow will not bring more frustration.

Edited by Kenobe

Yup, me too. Can't interact with caches at all on the Chrome map, but tried it with IE and it works (as well as IE ever did - starting it up reminded me why I stopped using it). Would really like this working again with Chrome, 'cos I use Jiri's script to get caches superimposed on an OS map, and that doesn't work with IE.

So is anyone likely to be looking at this - is it a Groundspeak problem to get their product working with Chrome, or a Google problem to get Chrome working with a popular website, or even an MS problem because of the suggestion that it might have been a Windows update that triggered it ? This could be too easy to fall between the cracks !

Same for me. It seems to occasionally bring up the info when I hover but mostly it just doesn't work. I use Chrome all the time on my Mac but Chrome have stopped providing updates for the Mac OS I have installed so I just may have to ditch it. Pity, as it's been my favourite browser for a while now. I will just have to go back to using Firefox.

Just noticed there's another thread on this problem (here), containing firstly what looks like a plausible explanation for what's happening (although it's not clear why something that used to work no longer does - what changed ?), and secondly a recent comment from a Groundspeak person to the effect that they're looking at it. Sounds hopeful.

The problem came up with the latest Chrome Update last week. I just switched the map to Google Maps and I can click the caches again, although the moue pointer doesn't change and stays a "hand".

Chrome doing the same here on the larger map. But when i switch to Google Maps it shows no cashes at all. Any settings i can change to show show tiles on google map? IE seems to work and may need to change over.

The problem came up with the latest Chrome Update last week. I just switched the map to Google Maps and I can click the caches again, although the moue pointer doesn't change and stays a "hand".

Chrome doing the same here on the larger map. But when i switch to Google Maps it shows no cashes at all. Any settings i can change to show show tiles on google map? IE seems to work and may need to change over.

Afaik the Google Map is a Premium Member Feature only which you can select instead of the default Openstreetmap view.

I don't have the option of switching back to Google Maps, I just get a splash screen inviting me to become a Premium member, so I guess that confirms this is a Premium-only work around. So it seems I have to shell out some more dosh or limp along with unsatisfactory maps. Even if I did pay up, I would lose the option of having OS maps (v useful here in UK).