Touch friendly website

CoolFinders

I tried to access the geocaching.com website from the touch enabled devices (phone, tablet) and noticed that I was not able to navigate through the site. The main issue was that I am not able to select any of the sub menu items in the drop down menu from the main menu bar.

Please consider making the site touch friendly.

Thanks!

I tried to access the geocaching.com website from the touch enabled devices (phone, tablet) and noticed that I was not able to navigate through the site. The main issue was that I am not able to select any of the sub menu items in the drop down menu from the main menu bar.

Please consider making the site touch friendly.

Thanks!

The menu works differently depending on the installed web browser App. I've hand-typed typed some of the more stubborn links, and saved them as bookmarks (to access Pocket Queries, and Trackables).

The ideal plan would be design the Geocaching App to replace the web site, so you don't rely on a web browser App. I don't know if that's possible :anicute:, but it should have the familiar structure of the web site, in touch capable form. I'd suppose it would have buttons for phones and tablets, to bypass the fiddly Java/HTML menus, and hide options that can only function on a PC. I don't know how PC icons like "Send To GPS" would work. Some pages would have to be slightly different than the PC pages. But the lists (PQs, cache & Trackable lists) would remain basically the same.

Edited by kunarion

Could you simply add list of links from dropdown to each landing page from the main menu click? You already have something similar implemented for "Your Profile" menu.

When you click "Your Profile" menu, you are taken to the "Your Profile" page, but most of the links in the dropdown are listed on top of the page. This simple fix will enable users from any browser to access each page that appears in the dropdown.

Thanks!