Garmin Etrex Venture HC Help Pleae

Reynolds1384

I have a Garmin Etrex Venture HC that has changed a setting that I can't get corrected. When ever I go to write a geocache to my garmin, the geocaches goes to the waypoints instead of geocaches and I am trying to figure out how to fix this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

All of this class of etrexs treat a cache as a waypoint. A geocache is represented by a closed treasure chest.

If you go into the menu and select "Find" you will be presented with a submenu that includes "Waypoints" and "Geocaches". In the "Geocaches" selection you should see all your unfound geocaches. In the "waypoint" folder you should see both found and unfound geocaches (open treasure chest) and any other waypoints you have loaded.

I'm at work and don't have my Venture with me but I recall there is something in settings where you can change the symbol for a geocache. Perhaps you've done that and that's why they are not showing in the "Geoaches" folder?

Edited by Huntleigh