Changing Name to GC?

kavika

Hi all,

I'm still relatively new to the scene, and have found that when I loaded my last caches from GSAK to my 60Cx, it shows the cache name, not the GC code. I'm unable to find, or change these to the GC code, so cannot log my visit.

Any pointers on what I've done wrong, and how to change these? I am unable to go directly to the cache on here by clicking the link in GSAK, as it shows file not found.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

On the GSAK page to send waypoints to gps there is a field called waypoint name.

If you put the following in that field, it will give the gc code without the GC and give the first letter of the container size

%drop2 %con1

Well that is what MA told me.

PAul

Edited by Ma & Pa

In GSAK, on the Help menu, choose GSAK Support Forum. Post your problem there and you will get the help that you need from the GSAK experts. It's sounds like you have a couple of different issues going on. The guys there will step you through all of it and get the issues straightened out.

Hi all,

I'm still relatively new to the scene, and have found that when I loaded my last caches from GSAK to my 60Cx, it shows the cache name, not the GC code. I'm unable to find, or change these to the GC code, so cannot log my visit.

Any pointers on what I've done wrong, and how to change these? I am unable to go directly to the cache on here by clicking the link in GSAK, as it shows file not found.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Use EasyGPS, it's easier to setup to show the name instead of the GC number.

In GSAK, on the Help menu, choose GSAK Support Forum. Post your problem there and you will get the help that you need from the GSAK experts. It's sounds like you have a couple of different issues going on. The guys there will step you through all of it and get the issues straightened out.

Yes, those guys over on the GSAK forum know their stuffs and very friendly and helpful. No problem is too big or too small for them.