accidental geocache and tb find in Greenville, help please

FloridaFour

Ok, so while looking for a letterbox called Two At the Zoo, in Fernwood Trail, Cleveland Park, Greenville, SC, I found within two feet of the letterbox, a geocache and a monkey keychain travel bug. I looked up the gc number of the trackable and can't find it.... the log had I find Animals 1 on it... not sure if that's a person or the geocache name. It was a new decon container, with a replacement logbook and only one other name in it.....

I thought I took coords, but apparently....not....

Anyway, kinda frustrated. I guess I need to look at the maps, and try to figure it out, but....I only have my cell phone for now. I can describe the exact item the box was in, but I don't want to give a total spoiler.

Thanks...

I'm the volunteer reviewer for that area.

There are several possibilities for something like that. It may be a cache that has been hidden but not yet submitted for publication. There are a couple of nearby Wherigo caches as well as a number of caches that have been archived, although that wouldn't seem to be the case with a new decon container unless a cache owner is planning to ask for their cache to be unarchived.

If you come up with additional details please post here and I'll see if I can narrow it down for you. If you would rather, you can contact me by email through my profile.

-Brad

I'm the volunteer reviewer for that area.

There are several possibilities for something like that. It may be a cache that has been hidden but not yet submitted for publication. There are a couple of nearby Wherigo caches as well as a number of caches that have been archived, although that wouldn't seem to be the case with a new decon container unless a cache owner is planning to ask for their cache to be unarchived.

If you come up with additional details please post here and I'll see if I can narrow it down for you. If you would rather, you can contact me by email through my profile.

-Brad

I'd take up the offer.

Email/contact with the coordiinates you got.

(It may be a final for a multi or unknown/puzzle cache.)

Or it could be from another listing site.

I just wanted to reply for those of you that might read this...

and for informational purposes...

It turned out that what I had found was indeed a travel bug. HOWEVER. LOL!!!!!.... It was one stage of a Wherigo cache. This trackable was not supposed to be removed from the Wherigo cache. UGH! I had already driven 11 hours home before I found this out. Inside the cache, the travel bug had a sticker on it that said Do not Remove. Hmmm.... I DID read that. However, not knowing or ever having done a Wherigo like this, I thought it meant: Do not remove the stickers, one of which was the GC number. There was no GC number insribed on this item, it was only a sticker.

Having only done one Wherigo Cache, I was not aware of this new twist of the game..... of non-travelling TRAVEL bugs.

I emailed the cache owner and ended up mailing her the travel bug. I felt really bad... oh well!

I still don't understand why something removeable... a travel bug... was used as an integral part of a geocache... which was 2 feet away and on the other side of an object from a letterbox.

But...learn something new every day.

Be careful when you add new twists to geocaching such as this one. Not to many people do the Wherigo's.