sending pocket queries to mapsource

spk22

First, if you're using an Oregon, you might want to use BaseCamp instead. Mapsource will work, but BaseCamp is the more-useful application for the Oregon. Second, you PQ should come as a .ZIP file. Open that file to find one or two .GPX files, open the files with Mapsource/BaseCamp.

Hope this helps.

First, if you're using an Oregon, you might want to use BaseCamp instead. Mapsource will work, but BaseCamp is the more-useful application for the Oregon. Second, you PQ should come as a .ZIP file. Open that file to find one or two .GPX files, open the files with Mapsource/BaseCamp.

Hope this helps.

thank you for replying so quickly,but still cannot get to open in either,will not let me drag in either and when i look in my documents to import file it is,nt there but it is when i open my documents normally.Do i have to down load files or something like that have downloaded bothl lastest versions of mapsource and basemaps, cheers

Hmmm, that's odd, maybe lets start from the beginning. Create a PQ and remember to click the day for it to "Run On". After a few minutes, the PQ will show up under the "Pocket Queries Ready to Download" tab on the "Build Pocket Queries" page. You may need to refresh this page for it to show. Click on that file and Save it someplace handy on your computer. If that is a .ZIP file (should be), unzip it to find 2 .GPX files and save both someplace equally handy. Run MapSource or BaseCamp and do File>Open, and make sure the program is looking for .GPX files. Neither will open .ZIPs. Alternatively, Right click on the unzipped .GPX files to get "Open With", then select MapSource or BaseCamp. Your PQ data should open.

Hmmm, that's odd, maybe lets start from the beginning. Create a PQ and remember to click the day for it to "Run On". After a few minutes, the PQ will show up under the "Pocket Queries Ready to Download" tab on the "Build Pocket Queries" page. You may need to refresh this page for it to show. Click on that file and Save it someplace handy on your computer. If that is a .ZIP file (should be), unzip it to find 2 .GPX files and save both someplace equally handy. Run MapSource or BaseCamp and do File>Open, and make sure the program is looking for .GPX files. Neither will open .ZIPs. Alternatively, Right click on the unzipped .GPX files to get "Open With", then select MapSource or BaseCamp. Your PQ data should open.

right will print off and have a go later, thanks again

Just had a go and the file is coming through has a aspx file, could,nt find where to change file format, sorry.

It sounds like you're trying to save a webpage rather than clicking on one of the PQs to download. Here's where you need to be:

pq.jpg

Assuming your Pocket Query has run, it should be listed in this section. To download it, all you need to do is click on the name of it (like where it says "Puzzles 1" in my list).