What is a "bison tube"?

JoJo626

Funny story: When I was quite new to caching, I cleaned out a cemetery except for one cache. I looked and looked and looked--no go. A year and a half later, I had some extra time while in the area, so I thought--"let's give it another shot." This time I spotted it from the car while driving up to the spot--a bison tube as part of a wind chime! It was right out in the open for all to see. I asked the hider if it had always been that way--if it was there when I missed it, and he said, "yep." Of course, I'm also the one that dnf'ed a number of LPCs before discovering how they worked!

Found a newer type of bison tube not long ago, it was slighter larger diameter and the threaded section was toward the bottom. With the threads going up into the container, I was thinking that these would be less likely to take in water through a bad gasket. Any one else come across these?

If it's like the green one in niraD's picture, I used one of those for my very first cache and have four more in reserve.