Larger Map link on 2nd map on a cache page

===sgb

Each cache page has two maps. The first shows the position of the icon in the context of the area - usually good enough to identify a local town... The second shows the detail of the area and includes car parking places, reference points et al. This second map has a link above it "View larger map".

However it does not show the same thing on a larger map. It takes you to the standard geocaching map, with the cache icons in the locality. When I want that, I click on "For online maps... [Geocaching.com Map]". Can one get a larger map which includes car parking places, reference points et al. I don't care if other cache icons are present as well.

Each cache page has two maps. The first shows the position of the icon in the context of the area - usually good enough to identify a local town... The second shows the detail of the area and includes car parking places, reference points et al. This second map has a link above it "View larger map".

However it does not show the same thing on a larger map. It takes you to the standard geocaching map, with the cache icons in the locality. When I want that, I click on "For online maps... [Geocaching.com Map]". Can one get a larger map which includes car parking places, reference points et al. I don't care if other cache icons are present as well.

On the left under, "For Online Maps..." Choose "Open Street Maps", then when the map opens, in the top right corner choose "Mapquest Open". That is the same map that you see on the cache page. That will give you a bigger version with just that cache's icon on it.

On the left under, "For Online Maps..." Choose "Open Street Maps", then when the map opens, in the top right corner choose "Mapquest Open". That is the same map that you see on the cache page. That will give you a bigger version with just that cache's icon on it.

They're looking for a larger map with the additional waypoints displayed, not the underlying map.

They're looking for a larger map with the additional waypoints displayed, not the underlying map.

Okay, I thought that they were talking about map references that are on the OSMs and not Google maps.

This is something that the Geocaching Map Enhancements userscript can help with. With GME installed, when you click "View larger map" from a cache that has additional waypoints, the map shows all those waypoints as markers. If you had corrected the coordinates of the cache, it also shows both the original and corrected location.